Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some input

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some input

I would like to get some input from the guys that love to fish for crappie. I run the Bucksaw Crappie tournament's and I would like some input on how to get more boats and angler's involved with our tournaments. Bucksaw does not try to profit from the tournaments. We put the tournaments on for the crappie fisherman to give them a chance to fish tournaments that are not during the spawn. I try to make the payback good enough so the anglers that win have some money to take home and off set the expence. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thank's , Brad Coats

Post Thanks / Like

With the economy the way it is, I'd drive down and fish every one I could if the entry was 50.00 per team plus 5 or 10 for big fish. Paying 100.00 per tournament won't happen for me.

IMO, you'd get more boats that way. I've been wrong a couple times in my life though.

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs JJ and I have fished a few tournaments in the past - never really did that good but liked the fun of it - the problem for us is we know that we are not going to run up the river to find those huge tournament fish - so we are basically donating our money to the ones who do run up that far and if the entry fee is very high - Mrs JJ feeling is if we are going to pay a large entry fee - why not apply that money toward a guide trip - we still catch a lot of fish - learn more about the lake - without the risk of losing a lower unitWe just enjoy being out & catching fish without the need to be the best that day. We try to make weigh in's if were at the lake at that time of day. Always fun to watch & see fellow CDC members.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kinda Of A Dam If U Do And Dam If U Don't

Had Same Problem Back In The Early Days Running Tournaments, 4 Or 5 Teams Were Always Going To Be In The Top, So In Time Everyone Quits Tired Of Donating To Some Who Can Fish A Lot More Than Weekend Fishermen.... Or Women..... For Sure $100 Takes My Interest Out Of It...... Fishing Is Much More Fun Without Any Pressure....... Good Luck With Your Tournaments, Don't Know How You Could Get More Boats????
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Had Same Problem Back In The Early Days Running Tournaments, 4 Or 5 Teams Were Always Going To Be In The Top, So In Time Everyone Quits Tired Of Donating To Some Who Can Fish A Lot More Than Weekend Fishermen.... Or Women..... For Sure $100 Takes My Interest Out Of It...... Fishing Is Much More Fun Without Any Pressure....... Good Luck With Your Tournaments, Don't Know How You Could Get More Boats????
    Well put Monty and ditto.

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Add To This Post

Even Crappie Slayers $40 Entry Had Trouble Getting A Lot Of Boats To Enter, Just A Lot Of Fellows Not Interested In Fishing Under The Pressure Or Wasting Their Money.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the entry fee is a little high and it also dont help to have them on Sunday cause alot of people are worn out from fishing Sat. I also think haveing one the day after a big tournament hurts too cause everyone has been on the lake the last 2-3 days and had enough

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with duncan. $100 is steep unless you are on good fish. For $50 more people would take a chance. I skipped the Crappie Masters because they cancelled the grass roots side and yours today because I had not been on big fish. Would have cost me close to $300 to fish Crappie Masters with the big boys. For $50 I would have got up a little earlier today and fished your tournament. I went and fun fished instead. Caught a limit in less than an hour with one short. Best seven would have placed in top 3 at CM tournament at 10.02 lbs if I could have kept them alive all day. For a little less money a lot of guys may be willing to try there luck against the big boys.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished a few that the guy and his wife looked as if they just came from church. When they weigh in there fish, and there the only one's that weighed in black crappie in a tournment, the bell's go off. Keep um cheap, and keep um honest. There's alotta farm pond's and alotta live baskets. Beating me is ok, but beat me honestly. My thought's only.

Post Thanks / Like

Brad, your tournaments are great! i don't think you need to change a thing, might of just been bad timing bieng the day after Crappiemaster's, but you cant always pick the right dates. Keep up the great work!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast