Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: East Fork First

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork First

I heard all the ribbing and trash talking about the EF tourney and thought I'd check out the lake for the first time on Sunday. I got a late start leaving S.Dayton, finally got on the water around 8:30. The lake was calm w/ just a ripple. Coming from the horse riding boat ramp, I came out and headed down the bank to the left. Saw a few good looking Community trees and finally found below water cover. KY Rig worked for the first 11" Black, thought this is going to be easy... Fished around a boat in a cut and picked up a second smaller fish. I talked to a fella from here (harry partner). Asked about the Famous "Gold". Headed for Gold with visions of "SUCESS". Man was it hot...and the fishing slow. Picked up two dinks, and decided to move on. Headed toward the no wake and DNR was patrolling it heavy, so I crossed the lake and was going to fish a hugh tree, but noticed something a miss,,, the closer I got, I noticed something just above the stump that looked like a person... I tried not to be to nosey, but had to look back as I passed. Whatever it was, had a thong and no shirt and that was enough of a look for me. Fired up the 9.9 and cruzed pass the beach, saw quite a few boats fishing the area, so moved on. The boat traffic was getting crazy, so I fished several coves with nothing happening. I thought I'd go back to where I caught the first fish. By then the pleasure boating army was in full force. As I was cutting across the lake, the army was rocking my small boat like crazy. I decided to head back to Dayton. The ramp was a circus. Glad to get loaded and out of there. It's a nice lake that I'll check out some weekday this fall. It reminded me alot like Caesers on a summer weekend. Best to be avoided after 10:00am.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you ran into T-bone, he fishes that big tree around that stump you described . In fact, him and his partner were shirtless the last tournament. Was he wearing a white sun viser?

Starvin
    Last edited by Doug Allen; 06-25-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: mistake

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing is a secondary thing on East Fork in the summer on a Saturday or Sunday. The sights can't be beat.
    Let me know when your coming down again and I will show you some spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by starvin Fisherman View Post
    Sounds like you ran into T-bone, he fishes that big tree around that stump you described . In fact, him and his partner were shirtless the last tournament. Was he wearing a white sun viser?

Starvin
    Said he was in a thong; musta a been a postage stamp, as his wife says that's all it would take.

Post Thanks / Like

That's how him and Troy keep the other teams off their spots. When they get on the fish, they strip to the thongs and no one will come near 'em.

Come on Yates, where you at on this one? Starvin lobbed you a softball and you've yet to take a shot at Tbone? You're losing your edge man.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

no doubt,but you guys are right Troy had his thong on but it was not a pretty sight...;Chicken legs and a racing stripe on his thong...man i need a prettier partner..and a postage stamp is pretty harsh..always pickin on the guy with a short bat!!!!i guess i should over compensate for shortcomings like Yates and get a 25 foot boat with a 300 on it...