Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Heads Up

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Heads Up

For all you guys with Iphones, they are selling hot spots maps for your iphone for, get this...$5.00 dollars, it was $50.00 dollars.
    All you do is go to the main page and click on the iphone app store and sign up. Wow ain't that som'em gps on your iphone, they say it's really great.

Good Fishing............crappie cowboy
    Last edited by crappie cowboy; 06-24-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

is the iPhone waterproof?
    Small Boat Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new iPhone and am new to it, but I don't see a Hot Spots Map at all. Lost of maps, but don't see Hot Spots and even did a search for it.

Oh and no it's not water proof, but I take my phone with me all the time in case of trouble and never got it wet yet (saying this with crossed fingers). Can you imagine how hard it was to type this with crossed fingers, LOL?

One other really cool thing about one of these kind of phones is if you are out fishing and it looks like storms may be brewing up you can pull up a radar with motion so you can see how bad it looks or not bad plus which way it is going. Since we has so much bad weather and this is a very large lake that can get really rough, it is a big time tool to have for me.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 06-25-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default OK, guys ...

... sell me on the iphone.

I pride myself on living in the 19th century when it comes to most technology, but my doctor was recently raving about his. I'm just not sure I'd use any of the extra features.

What's so great about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    ... sell me on the iphone.

I pride myself on living in the 19th century when it comes to most technology, but my doctor was recently raving about his. I'm just not sure I'd use any of the extra features.

What's so great about it?
    It is a lot like having a mini computer since you can now either get a 16 or 32 Gig memory for this thing. I got the 16 since I can't imagine needing more for a phone. Lots of different apps you can get, some free and some a couple bucks. I think there is something like 20,000 available apps. I like it a lot, but still am so new to it I can't really do much of a sales job.

However I can say there are so many positives over a regular cell phone and like I said it is a lot like having a tiny computer.

Wish that I had it for long enough to be really smart about this and could tell you anything you wanted to know, but it's just not the case yet. I can tell you I like it a lot and now the wife wants one and she never mentioned wanting a touch screen phone, but once she got one of the low cost slot machine games I can't keep her off it at night, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I always take my phone because I need to be available for emergancies. Never had any problems cause I keep my phone in my pocket. But that doesn't do you much good when you fall overboard. So now I use the ziplock phone case, its waterproof.:D
    I'm just an ornery sinner saved by Grace:o

Post Thanks / Like

I could absolutely KICK MY OWN ARSE for not getting one of these a year ago! The iphone is the best piece of technology (and I have LOTS of pieces of technology:D) that I have ever owned.

I know you may have internet on your regular phone but this thing is like sitting at a computer. The touch screen is UNPARRALLED over having to hit keys. If you THINK....THINK you enjoy the internet on your phone and don't have touch screen, you might as well have a rotary telephone, it's that much better.
    Dont need internet? Yes you do. Weather, INSTANTLY for as many preset locations as you care to have. GOOGLE EARTH! I really don't need to explain why having access in the fiield to google earth should be important (crucial) to a sporstman. Instantly go to ANY web site (the full version, not a watered down phone version) and be able to see anything you need to look up.

I have over 500 songs at all times, in my pocket
    I have a camera that takes printable quality pics...in my pocket at all times
    I have a calculator that looks and acts like a REAL calculator....in my pocket at all times.
    I have a turn by turn GPS with maps of the whole country....in my pocket at all times.
    a Clock/ alarm/ timer in my pocket at all times
    a calender with ability to write notes, alarm for dates, in my pocket at all times.
    I can CHECK MY EMAIL anytime I want instantly. Send pics to email....
    have endless games....

NOTE!!!- and this is important!!- all these features are not BURIED in the menu of my phone to where they take 8 minutes to find before I can actually use them. No sir. When you unlock the phone, BAM! there is a desktop with icons on it just like your home computer screen with instant TOUCH SCREEN icons that INSTANTLY activate these features. The d#$n thing is unreal!

Oh yeah, it's a phone too.:D

Cool phone features

when i get back to my phone and have 4 voicemails...you know a couple of them are your buddies (which you can already see from the missed calls that they called) But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they gotta go in and say "uh, dude, its me....Bob.....call me" Normally you have to go in to voice mail, listen to the robot tell you AAALLLLL the commands that you have had to listen to a thousand times just to erase that voice mail! On the iphone, you screen touch the voicemail button and you get a list of all your callers (by name) that left you a voice mail. Listen to the ones you want, in the order you want, INSTANTLY, straight to their voice, no prompts, no robot, delete them as you see fit by touching the screen. AWESOME!

When you are on the phone and someone calls, as soon as you pull the phone away from your ear, there is a little mercury switch in the phone that knows you are holding it at a different level so you can see whos calling and AUTOMATICALLY switches the screen to a touch screen menu for " ANswer and hold" or " answer and end call" Just touch one. When you are ready to go back to the held call, the phone again senses the change from your ear to holding it face up and gives you another screen that says " return to held call" or "end calls" it is SCHWEET!

If you cant tell, I love my iphone. You would think I got a commission on them.

Post Thanks / Like

what's a gig , it's used for gigging carp right??? I'm not Tech smart

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget you can get weatherbug for .99 cents and check a radar out on the lake if you see stuff coming. That way you can at least tell if you need to get off the water or not.

Gig is a measurement for how much memory you have on you computer of phone. It's a lot.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer