Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Sta-Bil or not to Sta-Bil…that is the question (off topic, sorry)

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Sta-Bil or not to Sta-Bil…that is the question (off topic, sorry)

I usually put the regular Sta-Bil in the last two or three gas fill-ups of the year to treat my gas for the winter months for my 2 stroke 70hp Nissan. I was reading on the back of the label that Sta-Bil recommends using this product ever time you fill up the tank. It is supposed to prevent water in the gas and eliminate corrosion. I was buying a fuel treatment mix from the local marina for $25, Sta-Bil is 2 ½ times larger at $20. So, I figure what the heck lets try it. Call me crazy buy at idol speeds my engine has seemed to smooth out. It used to sound like a drag car on the starting line with that irregular idle; now it idles smooth. Does anyone else use Sta-Bil and experienced the same thing?
    Last edited by APKape; 06-24-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sea Foam

Sea Foam Is All I Use And It Is Great, Went To A Site A Few Months Ago And There Were Over 1400 Positives On It, I Put In A Can About Every Other Tank Full , And I Have A 24 Gallon Tank........about $6 A Can......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I run the stabil in the winter time when I may not fish but every other week or so. Have started using seafoam this year also. I also think it has improved the idle on my 175 mercury.

Post Thanks / Like

a marine mechanic explained that while stabil is good...it only creats a "layer" on top of fuel that helps keep evaporation,etc from damaging fuel...and if one moves the boat..or any equipment uses stabil...the "layer" is lost and becomes in effective. I use seafoam in everything I own..it mixes completely and helps with moister in fuel year round. Especially now that all MO gas has 10% ethanol seafoam is essential. And because most boat gas tanks are vented...moisture absorption from the ethanol will increase. Water /fuel separaters and seafoam protect our 225 Optimax.

Post Thanks / Like

I read some posts on IDOFISHING.COM, and to a person they all recommended Seafoam. Most that had used Sta-Bil complained of sediment left in the gas tank. Ive always used it and did not have a problem (that I know of) but after reading all the posts, I am going to switch to Seafoam. By the way, where do you get it?

Post Thanks / Like

wal mart,advance auto,,autozone,,just to name a few
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Seafoam every other tank for me also.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

I use Seafoam in my 40 horse Johnson. Also in every gas engine I have, and thats a few. Seafoam also makes a product called Deep Creep. Words can't discribe what it does. The best money I ever spent on 2 products.

Post Thanks / Like

What is Deep Creep? Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

So how do you determine how good the stuff is. You put it in your tank and your motor runs fine. You don't put it in your tank and your motor runs fine.

Yeah, I use it too, but have no idea if it's worth the money or not. Never had any gas problems before I started using it and don't have any gas problems when I do use it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast