Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Okies need a little advice from the "Show Me" pro's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some Okies need a little advice from the "Show Me" pro's

Hello all,

Three Okies and one Arkie are going to meet at Cape Fair at fish the James River arm of Table Rock next month (12th - 14th). We'll be staying at Shadrack - just south of the hwy 76 bridge. Will be fishin' for green fish, mostly at night. What should I expect the pattern to be - deep points and bluffs? If not, what? What are the best colors for that water at night? Will grubs or bottom baits be better - like lizards and craws?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

not sure but u may want to do a search on table rock fishing reports as they are some local resorts and guides that share info,,,,sorry iam not much help any more
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I sorry you took me completly by surprise, green fish info not one of my strong suits, however I hear the bass opps green fish guys at the cafe talking and they are using black/blue lizards, dark blue worms working rock ledges,and gravel banks, they are throwing crawdad color cranks over brush and big jigs, football sounds right, the people at shadrack resort should be of some help, we launch at bridgport all the time and talk to the folks over there at the dock and they are always nice, good luck and my advice is strickly second hand coffee shop talk,

Post Thanks / Like

Green fish

Month crappie.com

?

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a freind that fishes out of Cape fair every friday night. He fishes bluff ends and works a salty-craw through the trees real slow. and he's taught me when you fell the lure come up and bump the bottom of the limp let it fall back just a little bit and let it sit there and then shake it. If he's there at that limp he should hammer it. Gene larew black and fire pinchers is what he likes best. He only fishes in trees pretty much.He does real well in the tournaments, if you were wondering.Good luck! let us know how you do at the rock.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish the Saturday night tornaments out of cape fair, try the zoom 10" watermelon and red worms. Work them slow on the chunk rock banks. A good spot to try is the first cove south, and east of the cape fair bridge. They call it BEAVER DEN cove allways did well on the north bank. Good luck Jared.

Post Thanks / Like

PJ 101 When you get tired of fishing big worms, jigs and want to try something different, slow roll a big spinnerbait. I use a 3/4 oz., long arm, black spinnerbait with a #8 nickle blade. I've used this setup for 20 years on the rock nightfishing and have done very well. Bend the arm down toward the hook a little, this will keep the bass from eating to many of your blades. bring lots of baits with ya. I use 17lb line med-hvy rod. Fish 3' to 15' and if you cant feel the blade thump slow down. Most hits will knock the tar out of it, if the blade stops set the hook. Sometimes a trailer hook helps.
    Fish points, cuts, close to deepwater.Good luck.

Randy

PS. slowrolling is tiring and you will be sore, but "big fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Road Worker View Post
    I used to fish the Saturday night tornaments out of cape fair, try the zoom 10" watermelon and red worms. Work them slow on the chunk rock banks. A good spot to try is the first cove south, and east of the cape fair bridge. They call it BEAVER DEN cove allways did well on the north bank. Good luck Jared.

might that be bear den hollow cove.

Post Thanks / Like

As For The Spinner Baits We Use Them Alot On Table Rock. Heavy And Big Blade. Lots Of Thump. It's Just About Past Spinner Bait Season For Us.

Off Using The Typical Jump Bait. Black And Something Else For Color. Pick Your Style Of Bait.

We Fish The Lower End Of The Lake Most Of The Time. The Upper End In The Prespawn Season. Once Again Spinners During This Season For Sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    might that be bear den hollow cove.
    It could be, but BEAR DEN COVE is the only thing I have herd from other guys in the tournaments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast