Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing table rock neat big m

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing table rock neat big m

I am heading out with boat to the big m camp ground with the family and plan on fishing as much as they will let me. I in the past have always used red and white jigs at the bluffs and have had ok luck but never good or great. I have two others going with me that like to bass and cat fish. any advice, areas lures ect. thank you

Post Thanks / Like

gravydawg, welcome to the site, table rock has been a little bit slow last couple years, I dont fish big M much but I do fish just up stream towards eagle rock a lot, between eagle rock 86 highway. there is a place called rock creek there in rock creek is about 12 brush piles there is an old foundation and the old rock creek road on the left side as you go in rock creek a good depth finder will help. some of the brush will stick out all you will see is a small twig, fish them some are next to the old foundation go slow fish them all sides, this time of year minnows and jigs work well, if you are not a minnow user, try red/white or red/green colors or just plain bone white works well, on up river towards eagle rock is a good point, we use to call it pont 25. there are good brush piles in that small cut on the left side. any of the trees or deep flats will produce crappie about 12 to 18 ft. down, normally, like i said it's been slow on the rock,,,,, not to far from big M is roaring river arm several trees, and the hotter the better to find fish close to the trees, like tight to the trees. as far as your bass fishing friends, I dont know much about them green fish, good luck and let us know how it turns out.

crappie up

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from Raymore, MO. i went to the rock a few weeks ago and did poopy. hope you have better luck!
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

thank you both. I will do the best I can and hope to report an excellent weekend. I am from the KC area and usually hit smithville and truman.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Truman lake. I am no help to you on the Rock.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dawg!!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Folks, I have been fishing with gravydawg, and I'm here to tell you he could not catch fish with dynamite, not to mention his Snoopy rod and reel. (jk)

Post Thanks / Like

welcome,,,good advice from beagleman for sure
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

that was a barbie pole you color blind fish blocker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast