Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: antique tractors

Post Thanks / Like

Default antique tractors

I live near Lathrop,which is having their show this weekend.Thur. morning they had a run thru the area of about 50 tractors.Took the grandkids up the road to watch them pass thru town...pretty impressive sight.

I have no clue what most of them were,a lot were pristine,while others were left "au natureal".
    They will have a complete show this weekend with steam and gas machinery,tractor pulls,etc...lathropantiques.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tell your grangkids the orange ones (Allis Chalmers) are tractors.
    The green ones are toys.
    cork'n crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 704gary View Post
    Tell your grangkids the orange ones (Allis Chalmers) are tractors.
    The green ones are toys.
    NO NO NO TELL YOUR GRAND KIDS THE ORANGE ONES ARE TOYS THE GREEN ONES ARE NASTY JUST LIKE COW PIES AND THE RED ONES ARE THE ONLY REAL TRACTORS! GO IH! IF IT ISN'T RED I AINT DRIVING IT!

MY GRAND DAD STARTED ME OUT ON A 1947 H FARMALL THAT HE PURCHASED NEW. I WAS 4 YEARS OLD WHEN I DROVE MY FIRST TRACTOR. MY FOLKS HAVE HAD A LOT OF TRACTORS OVER THE YEARS, JOHN DEERE, FORD, AND IH. THE WORSE TRACTOR WE EVER HAD WAS A FORD 4000 SERIES. WE HAVE HAD 2 JOHN DEERE TRACTORS AND NOW WE HAVE 2 IH TRACTORS. NOTHING LIKE TAKING A KID OUT IN A HAY FIELD WITH A TRACTOR AND TEACHING THEM HOW TO OPERATE ONE. I STILL GET JUST AS BIG OF A KICK OUT OF DRIVING A TRACTOR TODAY AT AGE 49 AS I DID 45 YEARS AGO SITTING ON GRANDPA'S LAB DRIVING MY FIRST TRACTOR. EVEN IF IT IS 105 AND I AM IN A HAY FIELD!

Post Thanks / Like

that's funny. whenever my old meets someone, he ask, what color tractors they like. guess he's not alone... haha
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't tell ya what most of them were-we are going up there today to see the car show and steam engines.IMO,the steam engine is the #1 most important reason the world became industrialized....USA was young enough to adapt to new tech and not hold onto old ways like Europe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    Couldn't tell ya what most of them were-we are going up there today to see the car show and steam engines.IMO,the steam engine is the #1 most important reason the world became industrialized....USA was young enough to adapt to new tech and not hold onto old ways like Europe.
    NOW YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE FUN TODAY! I LOVE THEM OLD STEAM ENGINES. WISH I LIVED CLOSER I WOULD GO MYSELF. THE HAVE A DEAL DOWN AT REPUBLIC EVERY YEAR AND I ALWAYS MISS IT DUE TO ME KNOWING ABOUT IT UNTIL IT IS ALREADY OVER WITH.