Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Melvern next week

Post Thanks / Like

Question Melvern next week

Coming from the deserts of southwest Kansas to Melvern for a weeks vacation. Wife is meeting sister there with all the kids. My dad is going to bring his boat over from Council Grove during the week. Last year we hit some white bass fairly well, but not much luck on crappie.

New to your forum and not from eastern Kansas, any tips would be much appreciated. Likely to seek crappie or white bass cause it can be fast paced for the kids...Bubba

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME TO CDC KANSAS!!!!After all the rain, I have chosen Melvern for fridays :D trip. I will be reporting it friday evening. They will prolly be on the brush-piles in 12 to 18ft. There are plenty of them along the south banks by Arrow Rock cove/ramp. That's the only trip I have this weekend as I will be headed to Bartlesville, Ok, saturday and sunday visiting Julie's parents. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good ole Bartlesville.....Nice little place. No stopping at Copan off 75 to dip a few trees? Its only 10 min north

Welcome BubbaLee....Good luck on Melvern and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip on the brush piles, didn't know where to search for them. Thats the trouble with an unfamiliar lake.

Will report when we get back from vacation, no laptop or mobil card to report during the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaLee View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the brush piles, didn't know where to search for them. Thats the trouble with an unfamiliar lake.

Will report when we get back from vacation, no laptop or mobil card to report during the week.
    Sounds perfect, no connections to the office! Good Luck
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser