Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oaky Guys here is the info on Optima Batteries!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oaky Guys here is the info on Optima Batteries!

Added note: You will probably need lots of time as mine took a month to get each time I ordered. I do get them, but they also made me very angry the first time and with their promise to do batteries this time they just didn't come through and still took a month. I finally got my shipping notice 7/11 and ordered 6/15 with scheduled delivery 7/15 and just want everyone to know.

First I hope anyone that has or can get a better deal will tell everyone so all have a good time fishing and not so much shopping.

I just ordered my 2 D31M for my trolling motor and I have a Group 27 for my starting battery.

Also check out the warranty as it's pretty good as well if my memory serves me.

Now for the important part here is what you do. Go to their web site and check out what you need and then look on their contact us page for the phone number and tell them you are a member of Crappie.com and want your discount for what ever you want.

Here are the prices...
    Group 27 is $179.50 including free shipping and

The D31M are $200.99 including free shipping.

I guess if you were to live close enough maybe you can save more by picking yours up, but I don't know about that.

Hope this helps and sorry it couldn't be more. However when you check around the internet I think you will find these are good prices. I know some places are about $50 higher plus shipping added to that.

Oh sorry forgot the web site....
    Optima Blue Top : Batteries Are Us

Maybe someone can sticky this post so members can take advantage of this if they want.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 07-13-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Will this work for elmy or cedary guys, too? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Post Thanks / Like

They actually changed their web site so the price on the 31 will come out right and it's like this...
    Okay just talked with them and what they have done is changed the price showing, but when you check out there is some special shipping boxes and what ever to make them $200.99 total.

He said they needed to do that to make it come out right.

The 27 is still so you have to call them to get the discount. I don't know why he did that other than just not waiting to talk with everyone that wants one and I can tell you this morning the price listed was $229.95 s I say it's still the same, but I guess I got everyone that wants one a discount, LOL!

At any rate it's a good buy and expect some $15 charge added when you check out to make it come out to $200.99 each D31M and if you want a 27 then you have to call to get the $179.50 including shipping.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for making this a Sticky because it's not something that everyone has to do this week. I spoke with them and told them some may not be ready for a month or even more.

So guys if interested in the Optima Batteries I hope you get to take advantage of this little discount.

They even changed the biggest battery for Troll Motors from $229.99 including shipping to $185.99 plus like $15 for the box and shipping things they need to use. This just puts it at the same price I paid of $200.99 each including shipping and all.

Oh and don't forget the Group 27 starting battery which you will have to call them to get the discount because it is still listed at 199.50 which is what I paid a few months back. You can get it for $179.50 including shipping.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 06-16-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

If I haven't been too much of a smart alec, I am wondering if you think the Optima's are better than other AGM batteries such as Cabela's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blairarnold View Post
    If I haven't been too much of a smart alec, I am wondering if you think the Optima's are better than other AGM batteries such as Cabela's.
    I don't know much about the ones you are asking about, but the Optima is totally a different design that a regular battery. Maybe Cabela's has someting like them I just don't know other than the sell Optima's also, but more like $258 plus tax including shipping.

If there is a better battery I don't know what it is. Said to be the best by many.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I just went to Cabela's to look at that battery and it seems to be made much like the Optima batteries, but they (Cabela's) seem scared of Optima. I have to ask why when you put batteries in that little search window at the top Optima doesn't even come up on that list and if you want to see Optima you have to actually put the word Optima in that little window.

So if they are as good then why are they trying to hide the Optima?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    I just went to Cabela's to look at that battery and it seems to be made much like the Optima batteries, but they (Cabela's) seem scared of Optima. I have to ask why when you put batteries in that little search window at the top Optima doesn't even come up on that list and if you want to see Optima you have to actually put the word Optima in that little window.

So if they are as good then why are they trying to hide the Optima?

Skip
    Don't know. I've got 2 of the Cabela's AGM batteries, a starting battery and a trolling motor battery. I've had one for better than a year and the other for about 2 years. I've had good success with them, but I'm waiting to see how long they will last.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know. I've got 2 of the Cabela's AGM batteries, a starting battery and a trolling motor battery. I've had one for better than a year and the other for about 2 years. I've had good success with them, but I'm waiting to see how long they will last.
    Well hopefully they last as long as the Optima for you and that would be probably 6 years plus some. Had a guy tell me he put one in his truck and when he sold it the battery was still going like new and that was after 7 years. I think boats are harder on batteries, but I do believe they will last way more than 2 times what a regular battery last. I will be extremely happy with 6 years.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I would sure be extremely happy with 6 years, too. I agree about boat batteries not lasting as long as shore batteries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast