Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton slow for me today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton slow for me today.

Launched at CC and fished the same area I did last Sunday. Did not see the amount of fish but fished anyway. Caught some shorts but not fast just steady. Finally caught a keeper and 2 hours later caught another keeper. I moved toward the main lake and caught more shorts and 4 more keepers. Jigs worked better today in white/electric chicken and red/salt and pepper most caught 8 to 10 foot in 12 to 30 foot of water. Tried dipping some trees before I left and did not find any on the trees.

Post Thanks / Like

At least you were after 'em. I hope we don't get pounded with rain this week, things are just starting to get smoothed out!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

well polebender it will get right soon, seems like that area you fished was real good last couple years arround the end of june till august, stay the course you know what I say it will get better, later man.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report PB! Guess you were spider rigging? Was hoping for a better report from there. Maybe still a little early yet.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a goodday to me pb.I think the fish are really scattered right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    well polebender it will get right soon, seems like that area you fished was real good last couple years arround the end of june till august, stay the course you know what I say it will get better, later man.
    It will get better and I think they will move into the trees in the few weeks so I will keep checking them until I find them. I guess I should have trolled some cranks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Thanks for the report PB! Guess you were spider rigging? Was hoping for a better report from there. Maybe still a little early yet.
    I started out spider rigging, but it was slow so I was also casting out to the side. I did see a guy catch a nice Walleye from the bank so I thought maybe I could catch one in the shade of the bridge no luck but the 2nd keeper crappie which was the biggest of the day a good 14 incher. I tried a couple of the trees you fish and did not find them there. There are a bunch of short fish in the area but they don't seem to be relating to the trees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildhunter066 View Post
    Sounds like a goodday to me pb.I think the fish are really scattered right now.
    I agree they are scattered right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you still had a good time in tough conditions. Hopefully they will come on in the next week or two. How many poles you troll this week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbitu View Post
    Sounds like you still had a good time in tough conditions. Hopefully they will come on in the next week or two. How many poles you troll this week?
    Started with 4 and had 6 in the holder plus a casting in my hands. Still have not got all 8 out just think it is too much to handle 8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast