Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hummingbird Side Imaging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird Side Imaging

I was up at Rogers Sporting Goods today picking up some jig heads for tomorrows Smithville Mini Camp. For about 2 months, I've been eyeing Hummingbird 997SI Sonar they had in their display case. Priced at $1699.99 it is about $300 less than Cabelas. Every time I'd come in, I'd go by the case, reach in my wallet for my credit card, then talk myself out of buying it and putting a large balance on my monthly bill. Today I did my same thing, but a little different. I already had the credit card in my hand before I went in. Though it would be easier to take that leap if the card was ready to use as I walked in. I came up to the counter and the sonar was gone. I asked the guy behind the counter where was "MY" 997SI. He said that Hummingbird is coming out with new models in November (in some fishing trade show) and will have them on the shelf by January 2010. Rogers is not parching any new SI Sonars till January. Anyone heard of the new models and what new features we can expect?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Might Have Gotten Lucky

I AM SORRY I CAN'T FIND IT RIGHT NOW BUT GO OVER TO THE MAIN BOARD TO THIS LINK:

Fishing electronics and trolling motors - Crappie.com

SOME OF THE GUYS HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE HUMMINGBIRD SIDE IMAGING UNITS! I READ A THREAD ABOUT IT WITHIN THE LAST WEEK OR SO. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TROUBLE FINDING THE THREAD. SEVERAL HAD CONTACTED HUMMINGBIRD CUSTOMER SERVICE WITHOUT MUCH LUCK!

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Boat Central. com has a good forum on sonars and GPS.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple of good forums out there on Humminbird SI. My favorite is the following:
    Unofficial Humminbird Side Image Forums www.sideimageforums.com :: Index
    The other one that is very popular is
    sideimaging : UnOfficial Humminbird Side Imaging Group
    If anyone has information on upcoming products these guys do.

BTW, I have the 997 and I love it. I don't even use 50% of what it has to offer yet, but it's great for finding underwater structure, marking it and then coming back and finding it with the front downlooking sonar.
    Cameron Denison - St. Charles, MO
    Mississippi River Pool 26 | Mark Twain Lake
    White/Black Skeeter and I talk to everyone.
    Thump, Set the Hook!