Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What A DAY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What A DAY!!!

Well it's not often any more that I get the chance to spend a day on the lake with no work or worried but today I did. My wife headed out to Vegas with some gal pals for the weekend so I decided to take a day for myself. The orginal plan was to help her get her stuff in the car and headed off the airport at 4:30 this morning and then head my happy tail down to Toronto and meet Drifter for some slabs. Well with the weather and chance of rain I scrapped that idea and decided to head to a local small public fishing area and try for some wipers. Well at 4:30 AM the storms and coffee where able to keep me awake until 7 when I headed out. Finally got out to my spot and guess what, no wipers on the graph. Trolled cranks for about an hour and messed around looking for eyes and wiper but nothing. Then I found this odd looking cloud of fish suspended off a break and thought boy those look like crappie. My first cast confirmed my thought. I spent the next 3 hours catching 8 to 9 inch crappie on almost every cast. Not the slabs I was looking for but the total was about 130 fish in a short time. Got home by one and relaxed my thumb, man what a day.

Next my phone rings and come to find out Eric can join me for an afternoon on the lake. HMMMM... what to do :D We get out there about 4 and guess what, look at the cloud on the depth finder. 4 hours later 120+ fish again and I am worn out... I know I caught at least 200+ crappie today with the biggest being 12 inches oh well. Not many days you can stumble on fishing like today. Sorry no pictures, dropped my camera in the lake last week. Hopefully Eric will post up how many he cleaned....

I am going to bed now, my thumb hurts and I am tired.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow sounds like a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

now thats a good day of fishing !! way to go
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

ain't nothin wrong with that! i love it when i find a nice bunch and then bring someone else out later and get to share :-)
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Huge Thanks Nick for putting me on a bunch of fish like that!!! Turned out to be a great evening to be on the water. Even tho there wasn't much size; they were still fun to catch. 42 was the final count in the bucket. Not many sandwiches in the bunch, mostly finger food.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I am sorry I decided to hit Hillsdale after work instead of taking you up on your invite, Nick. Maybe tomorrow....
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well done...

Those days can be just as much fun as if you were fishing elsewhere. Way to go...kinda makes up for the days when its tough!
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world