Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Today

My curse at stockton continues 5,6,7 keppers is about the best i can do. Put in at cc and fished bout half way to birch branch. Pulled up on my first brush pile and bam 13in crappie thre back in 14 in crappie and that was it.Anyway it was a good day had the wife and boy with me. Toatl 5 keeper crappie.Bonus two walleyes 18 and 19 incher. The boy caught his first keeper walleye.Jig wood slow trolled minows and trolled crankbaits.3 crappie succumbed to jigging and a walleye the rest came trolling cranks.If i would have trolled more probably ended up with more fish but im a jig man.Had wind out of 3 different directions.One of these days im going to break out off being a beginer fisherman and catch a limit!!!!!
    Last edited by wildhunter066; 06-11-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: add more

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day to me. My day in the office SUCKED!!!!!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

what Chris said! I wish I could have been out there instead of working.

Post Thanks / Like

On Stockton most of the time I have to move to catch fish and most spots only hold 1,2, or 3 fish and then it is on to the next. Keep a mental note of each location you catch fish and move on if you are not catching anymore. This is how it has been the last couple of years. I hope this improves but I am not seeing any signs of it. This is why I got the spider rig set up to improve the numbers. I hope the first trip was not a fluke and I can repeat it. Fall and Winter fishing on Stockton was fantastic last year and I hope this year is as good.

Post Thanks / Like

Those eye's are always a nice bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

them fish sounds like you had a good day to me. like pole bender said, darrell and I slow troll most of the time on stockton. it is always good to get out and fish, but I like to catch fish, good luck next time,