Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Trailer Wheel Bearing & Hubs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Trailer Wheel Bearing & Hubs

After The Talk On Here About Loosing A Boat Trailer Wheel Bearing I Decided To Get Some Spare Parts. So I Called My Lowes Dealer. And Told Them To Get With The Program And Get Me The Stuff I Needed Bearings, Hub Etc. In The Mean Time I Got To Thinking Old Dw Had Ordered Trailer Brakes On The Trailer When I Ordered The Boat. Well So I Called The Parts Guy Back And Told Him That I Had Brakes On The Trailer. This Was Monday And Yesterday.

Well I Just Got Called Back. The Only Way He Can Get A Lowes Boat Trailer Hub That Works With Brakes Is Special Order Them. Not Avaiable On After Market. Going To Take 10 Days To Get It! So Figure If You Have Brakes On Your Trailer You Had Better Take A Look To See Where You Can Get A Hub In Advance! I Would Sure Not Want To Leave My Boat On The Side Of The Road For 10 Days!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Went Out And Took A Look

In My Own Tool Set Up, And Yep There Is Two Extra Inside And 2 Outside New Bearings In The Tool Box.... But I Also Am Going One Step, Futher I Remeber When I Had Trouble A Few Years Ago, I Went To Orschelin's And Bought A New Stub Axel, And Hub With Bearings All For About $40..... I Had Ruined The Axel Stub And Threads, Just To Get It Home Which Took About 6 Hrs To Go 35 Miles.... Think I Will At Least Buy A New Hub Loaded And Put In A Zip Lock Baggie And Keep In Tool Box......hope I Never Need It.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Fyi Trailer Brakes

If You Have Trailer Brakes On Your Boat Trailer The Hubs Are Special Order Due To The Increased Costs.