Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Well eclipse party 2024 is long gone. We had a blast, clear sunny skies and a good view. I tried taking a pic through my glasses and never could get a decent one. We had about 80% eclipse view here in NC. Pretty cool to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloakley930 View Post
    Attachment 485053

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Good pic. I never could get a good one.

MCG1 is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to watch it from a high river bank with my wife and our friends. It was historical. The last one I expect to see in person.
    Likes SuperDave336 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I took a nap through it
    Likes SuperDave336, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post
    HaHa "D" haha

Post Thanks / Like

I went out about noon and had about 40 chem trails across the sky. Didn't happen here till 1354. Was supposed to be 93-94% covered. Went out at 1400 and sky was super hazy, and caused a really bad glare effect just looking in the sky...No pic.'s
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

was good quality viewing here , a few clouds ,but darn nice , someone told me it was once in a lifetime thing ....
    that aint true , seen the exact same thing way back when in Pennsylvania as a young fella .....
    looked exactly like this one ,so I FOR SURE do NOT believe that there hype about another whatever zillion years before it happens again,just saying
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes SuperDave336, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    was good quality viewing here , a few clouds ,but darn nice , someone told me it was once in a lifetime thing ....
    that aint true , seen the exact same thing way back when in Pennsylvania as a young fella .....
    looked exactly like this one ,so I FOR SURE do NOT believe that there hype about another whatever zillion years before it happens again,just saying

Depends on where you're at. If you got the money and hanker to adventures you can see one every year and a half. The problem is they mostly happen out on the oceans in the middle of nowhere. But one thing for sure the next one to occur in North Amerce will not be until 2044. That would make me 95 years old. Doubt I'll see that one....LOL.

Regards
    Likes SuperDave336, MCG1, BobC LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We watched as much as the cloud cover allowed. Beautiful all day and just when you needed a clear sky…..that said we enjoyed what we got. ABC had a great show and we got to see it 100% several times. Not quite the same but at our age this is it. I won’t be around for the next one.
    Bob
    Likes SuperDave336, MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We watched it from a levee just off the Mississippi a few miles NW of Reelfoot. Was really cool being in a fairly isolated spot with no traffic issues on the way back to middle TN. Anybody fish through it in the totality zone? Wondering how the fish responded. We just made a day trip out of it due to work and ball limitations. Told my wife it was just wrong to drive nearly four hours to Reelfoot and not spend a couple days fishing.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was sitting in my boat on Mosquito Lake in Northeast Ohio when it happened. Went into total darkness here. Wind picked up and temp dropped quickly. I got some nice pics to share. My camera doesn’t show how dark it got but in one photo you can see the car lights on the causeway.
    Name:  IMG_4337.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  29.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_4338.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  34.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4339.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  19.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4340.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  27.7 KB