Interestingly enough more time spent on the water will give trollers the answers they are searching for. There is no book or paragraph that will replace experience. Every spring after i have laid off for several months during winter i go thru a learning curve but it is a short one. This past 2 weeks, i fell back in line quickly....always develop your own style...ie jig weights trolling speed water depth and where the fish are located. I have been on the hill all week, including the surpise thunderstorm on friday. Each day has been somewhat different and one day they moved from 20 to 13 feet of water overnight. I am no authority on trolling but manage to squeak limits on most days with a 16 incher on thursday. Just remember experience and mental notes are your best friend. Water color can alter jig colors quickly. Dark colors with chartreuse tails at .9 seemed to be the ticket. Anything below .8 can get you hung up. I started off years ago with 1/8 Weights and have tried going below 1/16 weights, with little success. So learn to adjust speeds to your weights. It's not that hard, just pay attention to what works and what doesn't. The what doesn't is where the learning curve begins.