Quote Originally Posted by Like2fish2 View Post
Again, all replies very much appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion of the Cherokee Rec Area, not very familiar with it but have good maps and will definitely give it a shot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
I don't profess to be a good crappie fisherman, much more of a hybrid and striper fisherman. But when the lake gets trashed like this, that's the section of the lake I head to. Always seems to be cleaner water. Then as you go back into those creeks I mentioned (the creek by Mistletoe as well) you will be able to usually find where it is transitioning from fairly clean to stained that the bait and crappie seem to like. I've been fishing Hartwell a lot more lately and the bait and crappie/hybrids definitely seem to be in the back 3rd of the creeks wherever that transition to stain is.

By the way, if the pattern is anything like Hartwell right now and you get on back in the creeks where a lot of bait is, if you cast a Pearl Bobby Garland Baby Shad on a 1/16 oz jig head you can catch a little bit of everything. Spots, Hybrids and Crappie all will eat it up. I'm not fishing the banks either. The fish have been out in open water crashing those shad schools sub surface. Obviously FFS helps but you can do fine without it if you get around the bait.