HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222930313233 LastLast

Thread: Ultralight Rods Relating to Panfish #2

Post Thanks / Like

The 75 Lunakia I received for Christmas was purchased from Asian Fishing Portal. The rod was not shipped in PVC pipe or sturdy cardboard like all other JDM rods I have bought. The rod pouch was bubble wrapped inside the regular cardboard box though and everything turned out fine. Something for y'all to keep in mind if you have a low tolerance/risk when purchasing rods from Japan.
    Thanks Ohio UL thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This setup is FUN!!!Name:  20240203_201724.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  86.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I see that Yamaga does not specify a rod power (L,UL, SUL) on their Blue Current III model rods. What power would you say the 63 is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugtussle View Post
    I see that Yamaga does not specify a rod power (L,UL, SUL) on their Blue Current III model rods. What power would you say the 63 is?
    Difficult to say but you can get an idea from the bending curve on their website. The Blue Current series are all light game rods. I have owned 3 BC TZ rods and have caught a lot of bluegill on them and it was a ton of fun. I had the 65, 610, and an 83 which I still own.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully redearhoosier will chime in on that particular model. I have the 69III and consider it an ultralight, especially compared to my Falcon ultralight which feels more like a ML next to the Yamaga! The 63 should be a little lighter if that's what your looking for. They look like they have similar bending curves on the website. Great all around rods but not as light and whippy as the SUL area trout rods. Still fun with small fish, but can handle some big ones, too. The 69 throws 1/32 up to 1/4 with ease and has enough of a flexible, progressive bend that I don't worry about snapping it.
    Likes Bugtussle LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, Yamaga Blanks doesn't have a power rating on this rod. That said, it is certainly an UL rod. I've recently caught some 12in crappie and 8in bluegill on that rod and the fun factor was excellent.
    Likes Bugtussle LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have the tict 74 power tubular? Haven't bought a rod in a while, and was eying it up. Found a cool site with various JDM reviews. If you can decipher the translation its somewhat useful. 【69か74か、パワーかフィネスか】アングラーを育てるロッド、ティクトの「アイスキューブ」アンバサダ ー飛田俊一郎の考え方 | 釣りの総合ニュースサイト「LureNewsR(ルアーニュース アール)」

Post Thanks / Like

I had the ice cube 7’4” tubular tip for 2 years until my spinone came to see in the boat and stepped on the bottom half. The rod was 70 grams and had a fast tip, very sensitive. I used it to catch lake trout vertically jigging with 25 gram jig heads.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, must be a pretty stout rod for 25 grams.

Post Thanks / Like

This is not casting with rod but dropping straight down to 100’ vertically jigging, as long as the drag is set right, the rod
    can handle it.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222930313233 LastLast