HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate livescope

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytail View Post
    Sorry, but it just doesn't seem like fishing to me. I know I'm old school. Don't have a livescope.
    So just how old school? A stick and a hook, no boat, no motor, no trolling motor, no graph at all?
    Likes Slabprowler, bbrown549, justinp61 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Old school, enough I don't play video games. I'm sure not going to play one on my boat while fishing. Lol !!
    Yes, I do have a boat ,with motor & and a couple of fishing poles. I catch enough fish for me without livescope. I may get skunked every now & and then, but o well, that's fishing. I just enjoy the time outdoors & time on the water.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Crappie.com mobile app
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve already said my piece but have a little more to add. Ketchn spoke of learning their behavior. I was fortunate enough to have learned at “The Candy Store”. It was a posted area that was absolutely filthy with crappie, most of them too small to keep. I mostly used curl tails in basic colors and I tried everything ever spoken in a conversation on those fish. Without exaggeration I’ve caught near a hundred and been home before noon. Fish on every cast for ridiculous stretches. As I moved to the front from the shallow back section the fish got bigger and smarter and the education continued. Some friends came along and couldn’t believe what this place was like. Some folks got run off, some got tickets but I never did. As my education grew so did my confidence and I’d venture to places I’d heard of and apply what I’d learned and it worked. I’ve continued to learn these crazy fish and enjoy the game with them. I can see the advantages of LS but I can also see the downside of letting the machine do the work. I recently trained a 26 year old that said she didn’t know how to get home from the place we were at and she didn’t have to, she had her phone to tell her how. Dependency. Turn it off and she was truly lost. I do t like to see one of the loves of my life heading in that direction.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Folks talk about "old school", "relaxing"... that's all fine and dandy, but we fish to catch fish, not necessarily to keep, but to catch. I can relax at home in my easy chair. People that don't have Livescope hate it, and people that have it love it. For all those that think Livescope makes it easy, or is cheating, I can only speak for myself but I have been skunked on more than one occasion with Livescope. I actually find it enjoyable and educational seeing how fish react to my presentation. I caught many a limit of crappie before Livescope, and many limits with Livescope, it is just another tool. Not trying or wanting to start a pissing contest about Livescope, this is just strictly my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com mobile app

happycaster58 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Use it or not- that is your choice. I know I catch a lot more with it than I ever did without it. As for watching a screen, how is that much different than watching your line or cork? If you just want to go out on a boat and enjoy nature, might as well buy yourself a pontoon and drive around the lake like the folks the cruise by me all the time. Yes, I have spent more than my share of time in nature, hunting, hiking, taking pictures, catching turtles and snakes, and exploring. I am also over 65, so not a young folks thing.
    Likes keeferfish, redwolfcrappie, bbrown549 LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Livescope not for everyone , but ones that know how to use it. Proof is in the pudding . Catch rates much higher.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes bbrown549 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Something I have come to understand and live with about myself, I consider a bit of a fault. When I see a different fishing technique, I want to master it, and get well equipped. The fault comes in in that once I get there, I may lose interest. The problem is spending $$ and having unused equipment laying around. I’m getting a little better with age, so far I’ve resisted the urge to buy any specialized rods for livescope. I’m trying to sort it out and see if it’s a keeper or a throwback before doing that. But my resolve will get weaker if I ever come across a group of cooperative fish and whack them once or twice I hate livescope

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Shoals Area Crappie Association
    Likes bbrown549 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

At 62 I still like learning new techniques and technologies. Back in the late spring I added Active Target 2, a new HDS Live and a Ghost trolling motor to my boat, a retirement gift to myself. Before live sonar I two poled (12' rods) and cast for crappie. Now that I have it, I find myself casting 99% of the time, I enjoy it more than two or single poling. I did buy a 14' rod to single pole with this summer though. Normally I fish from late November until early-mid March when the terrorist start arriving. I did fish on through June or so and have fished some late summer and early fall too trying to tame this animal. Seeing fish on live sonar and catching them is two different deals. I've learned several things with live sonar, I'm not good at finding fish that want to bite, that I spend too much time in one place and just how slow I have to reel to keep my jigs down, especially in deep water. Braided line sinks slower than mono and requires a slower retrieve. I'm looking forward to winter and the crappie getting out into the deep water where I like to fish.

I enjoy my time on the lake just as much as I did 40 years ago and still marvel at Gods creation.

Post Thanks / Like

This crappie guide speaks to the effect Livescope is having on crappie populations in certain areas of the country.
    Livescope Should Be Banned - YouTube
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    I love it myself. Not only is it educational as far as the fish it’s a huge time saver. Instant feedback to change color, bait, profile, presentation or just move on. You do lose some of the surprise element of a fish biting but you can always look away once you’ve located them which I do many times. When I’m fishing in heavy brush I’m typically not looking at the screen, it gets too busy. I’ve also caught many in open water that I wouldn’t have otherwise.

I agree 100% if you fish the same lake same spots and no open water, I can see not needing it. I fish a considerable amount of different lakes many only been on once or twice this is where SI, Mega 360 and Mega Live come in. Many of these Lakes are 100 miles away so traveling and fishing for a day I want my day to be as productive as possible, this is where having good electronics shine, at least in my opinion.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast