HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fluorocarbon Line and Crappie Fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I run straight 6 fluoro on my casting rods and straight 8 fluoro on my longer (14 and 16ft) scoping rods. I ran through a few brands because I too had knot issues. I finally settled on Sunline Super FC Sniper and Daiwa J Fluoro Samuri. Both are fairly limp for flouro, especially once fished a time or two, and have great knot strength with any knot Ive tried. I primarily use a loop knot with two pass-thru's and a palomar.

I switched from braid for the same reasons. I stayed tangled around the tip of the rod. Now with fluoro, if it tangles, usually can point the rod down, and wiggle it, and it'll shake free. That said, I did fish a fluoro leader. when fishing braid.
    Thanks SuperDave336 thanked you for this post

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use palomar knots on almost everything except for jigs. Jigging I use a loop knot. Only line I use is fluorocarbon.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Getting sick of my 15lb braid wrapping up on the eyelets and tangling so on one of my 13’ poles I made a change. I rigged it with some Big Game 15lb Trienle I had, and it performed well. Got lots of bites so maybe my hi-vis yellow was more of an issue than I thought. I could pull it off snags without it breaking just like the braid and even straightened out the hook without it breaking. Been thinking about trying Fluoro.
    My question about Fluoro is when I’ve used it in the past bass fishing it was really picky on knots, and I tied a Double San Diego Jam not which worked well. It seems like a lot of knot for a 1\16 crappie lure.
    I like to use a loop knot crappie fishing will that work with Fluoro?
    I'm 10lb Sufix 832 Braid with a 1-2 foot leader of 12lb Seaguar & I have zero regrets. I fish rough timber at times and I don't trust any fluoro/mono for nicks & fray fully spooled over the durability of braid. Question to you "Keeferfish".... You do know the "ROD TAP METHOD" to undo rod eye line wraps right? Like seriously zero sarcasm.
    Terry Young
    [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12