HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fishing destinations changing ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White View Post
    Crappie are nearing extinction. Everybody quit fishing. I’m giving .03 on the dollar for fishing gear. Fishing destinations  changing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Lol, I love it. You would need a semi trailer to clear me out lock stock and barrel..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Likes J White, canebreaker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snubby View Post
    Lol, I love it. You would need a semi trailer to clear me out lock stock and barrel..

Fishing destinations  changing ?and I would not have places to put it! Already got a motorcycle and about 5 horse saddles in the living room. I have the bestest wife Fishing destinations  changing ?

Shoals Area Crappie Association
    Likes Snubby LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing destinations  changing ?and I would not have places to put it! Already got a motorcycle and about 5 horse saddles in the living room. I have the bestest wife Fishing destinations  changing ?

I could possibly sell you a semi trailer perhaps...I could arrange it I'm certain. Sounds like you got a good one for sure! Fishing destinations  changing ?

Likes J White LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I could possibly sell you a semi trailer perhaps...I could arrange it I'm certain. Sounds like you got a good one for sure! Fishing destinations  changing ?

Seriously, I think problems will resolve on their own. If the fishing gets bad enough, or maybe even not. The craze will pass and the multitudes will take up other hobbies. I’m really thinking crappie fishing getting so industrialized and publicized is a bad thing. People just stink for the most part, and that is not the word I really wanted to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, I think problems will resolve on their own. If the fishing gets bad enough, or maybe even not. The craze will pass and the multitudes will take up other hobbies. I’m really thinking crappie fishing getting so industrialized and publicized is a bad thing. People just stink for the most part, and that is not the word I really wanted to use.

I agree, I lost interest around the same time everybody started staring at screens became a fad. I have livescope and enjoy it even though I don't "snipe". I like using it for spider rigging mainly to see baits and depth. I tried the sniping just not my thing. Guess chalk it up to an old dog trying to learn new tricks sort of thing. I'm sure like you say folks will move on the next big thing. I wish everyone would start bass fishing again. I sure used to enjoy it but my shoulder's cant take the constant casting all day. I don't see any of the lakes in any trouble as of now. The sky has been falling for decades now on crappie fishing. I haven't got a thing against livescopers, trollers or anyone else out there trying to catch a fish. To each their own way I see it.

Likes jjue1979, hawgdog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I lost interest around the same time everybody started staring at screens became a fad. I have livescope and enjoy it even though I don't "snipe". I like using it for spider rigging mainly to see baits and depth. I tried the sniping just not my thing. Guess chalk it up to an old dog trying to learn new tricks sort of thing. I'm sure like you say folks will move on the next big thing. I wish everyone would start bass fishing again. I sure used to enjoy it but my shoulder's cant take the constant casting all day. I don't see any of the lakes in any trouble as of now. The sky has been falling for decades now on crappie fishing. I haven't got a thing against livescopers, trollers or anyone else out there trying to catch a fish. To each their own way I see it.

Amen!

Post Thanks / Like

Your conversation Snubby is turning in my direction. I use and love the original Panoptix transducer to see where the tree is, not look for fish. Concentrating on feeling my jig in the structure, feeling a thump, tap, tick, or even the jig go weightless is far more interesting than playing a video game. To each their own. This year the heat is giving me a little more grief than usual, that along with the same posts throughout Crappie.com that the fish are not on structure is keeping me working on other projects instead of fishing. Panoptix is like running a 2D Sonar (Color), but in real time, when I approach a tree to fish I do it down wind so I blow off it while landing the fish. I use the Panoptix to see where the tree actually is then return with the trolling motor. Personally I think the herbicides will be put up after everything vegetation wise is dead, the costs per application is serious, budgets will not continue to support doing it. As less successful anglers go back to other interests the populations being damaged by management will rebound and we will have our days again. I just don't know how long the cycle will take. Ross Barnett for instance, the spraying has taken 5 years to get it to the point the applicators have wiped clean to the mudline every bit of aquatic vegetation. I can see in the Pearl River here where the Tropical systems destroyed all the vegetation a rebound this year, with no storms last season.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, not seeing much of a drop off in the number of anglers. I remember fishing the big 4 back in the 80's and not seeing much competition from maybe June through September. Sometimes you might be the only boat at the ramp after it got really hot. Still great numbers of anglers in the spring and now winter fishing is crazy. Livescope has added some new folks and younger crappie fisherman. For the most part crappie fisherman are still respectful of each other and we all will help our fellow anglers with tips and advice that has worked for us. That's one of the things I have always loved about crappie fishermen. Seems traffic has picked up on Sardis probably due to Arkabutla's situation.
    Everyone has an opinion regarding livescope and how it has changed crappie fishing. If I'm honest I miss the days of my skill or ability to find fish without electronics. But, having said that I have enjoyed the challenge of livescope. Some say we have lost the joy of anticipation but I disagree. If anything, it has increased anticipation because now I know he is there and can tell when he about to hit my jig. I have fished nearly every way there is to catch them through the years but nothing will ever top fishing with a single pole in your hand and feeling that thump. I cut my teeth with a sculling paddle in one hand and a pole in the other. I sure hope management continues to protect this valuable resource and others can enjoy crappie fishing for years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to my wife today, she has quite a bit of Federal Budget experience. She thinks there is Federal dollars out there the states are using for Aquatic Vegetation control. Makes sense as several states are making spray applications at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I should add personally, I'm a Single Pole Guy firstly and a Cork Watcher / Minnow Guy next.
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie, Snubby LIKED above post
    Thanks Billbob thanked you for this post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast