Quote Originally Posted by J White View Post
I know with the human nature of the masses this is wishful thinking. But if people would just keep what they reasonably need, all the crazy length and pole limits would be unnecessary.
But that would require them to put some effort into enforcing the reasonable rules. I’ve been fishing all my life at Pickwick, and I have NEVER seen or been checked by a MS warden. Only twice in all that time have I been checked, and both by Alabama marine patrol. Mostly for safety equipment, fishing license.
Never wanted to look in cooler or livewell. Don’t really have knowledge now, but those jokers that camped at Rosetrail used to be absolute hogs, especially before and during the spawn. Coolers full taken back to camper, then go back out for more. Spend the next day cleaning fish, then the next two going around giving fish to anybody who would take them.
Like it was their calling in life to try to remove every last one from the lake.
I know of people who do that at Sardis too. I just hope MSG&F just stay heck away from Pickwick and leave it alone. Right now it is whichever state, TN and Al whose evers limits are more liberal. Hope that never changes and keeps the buffoons in Jackon at bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
Some enforcement is neccessary unfortunately. No honor system left any more. I remember a day I pulled out of holiday lodge on Sardis. There were two warden's, one consoling two young boys probably 8 to 10 years old. The other had the dad cornered and letting him no he was in big trouble and didn't appreciate being put in the situation with being bad guys in front of those two kids. Guy had 72 fish not one over 11 inches. So he was not only 32 fish over a boat limit he had all short fish. Anyway guess that's a different topic. I agree, if fisherman just took what they actually needed it would be a better world. Now thanks to social media everyone needs those glamour shots! Get their name in the paper and all, resources be dam..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk