HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livescope

Quailtail is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Livescope

Had Livescope installed this spring. Using a pole as I can't use a trolling motor mount due to having the Ulterra trolling motor. Been screwing around with the settings, beginning to understand what I am seeing. The problem I am having is seeing a tree or brush pile on the screen and being able to put the boat close enough to fish. I see it on the screen and then it goes to the left of the screen and disapears. I guess the pole and the boat is where I am having the problem. I am using the forward mode on my LVS 34 and only had it in the water 4 or 5 times. The trolling motor mounts tell you exactly where stuff is while the pole mount is a little different as I can scan an area regardless of the direction of my trolling motor. Hard to explain what I am saying, but basicilly I am trying to figure out where the boat is as compared to the structure and fish showing on the screen.

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

“If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

I have an arrow on the top of my pole to show me the direction it’s scanning. Then just point boat that direction and go. You can adjust the pole mount as your moving with trolling motor as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quailtail View Post
    Had Livescope installed this spring. Using a pole as I can't use a trolling motor mount due to having the Ulterra trolling motor. Been screwing around with the settings, beginning to understand what I am seeing. The problem I am having is seeing a tree or brush pile on the screen and being able to put the boat close enough to fish. I see it on the screen and then it goes to the left of the screen and disapears. I guess the pole and the boat is where I am having the problem. I am using the forward mode on my LVS 34 and only had it in the water 4 or 5 times. The trolling motor mounts tell you exactly where stuff is while the pole mount is a little different as I can scan an area regardless of the direction of my trolling motor. Hard to explain what I am saying, but basicilly I am trying to figure out where the boat is as compared to the structure and fish showing on the screen.
    You can put it on a ulterra trolling motor,we installed one about a week ago.It takes time to learn livescope,but its not that hard if you put in the work.Some go with guides to shorten the learning curve also.I work at performance fishing electronics and we usually set them up as if there our own units and that helps alot also.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

How was it installed on an Ulterra?

Sent from my SM-T500 using Crappie.com mobile app
    Thanks Quailtail thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post

I can’t speak for him, but I bet it was with the Precision Sonar Cable Guard system! I read his post as well and looked up “ livescope on Terrova” and they came up. Pretty simple system and looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Thanks slowhand thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post

With a cornfield crappie mount and livescope transducer to the bottom motor housing.Heres a pic of how the transducer was mounted.Name:  Screenshot_20230521_081207_Samsung%20Internet.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  18.1 KB

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
    Thanks slowhand thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I already have the precision mount on my Ulterra for the Lowrance transducer attached to bottom of my trolling motor. No room there to add another. Besides in spot lock you can not scan Live Scope without a pole. I also have issues with the precision mount in the cable getting wrapped around the head of the motor while in spot lock.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the fishing specialties pole and the handle serves as my arrow. Have the magnetic mount attached to my hand rail.
    Likes icehouse LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

QT ... if the "tree" is going off the left of the screen, then you have gone over that "tree" and it is now under the boat. According to how you described it, that's what I'm thinking.

That happens to me ... boat drifts, either from the wind or from the TM forward motion getting me there faster than I wanted.

Depending on the angle you have your transducer set, the screen can show a few feet behind it or many feet behind it. The screen will show the distance, forward & behind O (zero) with "zero" being the transducer's position.

If you notice in this picture ... the TM pointer mark is pointing forward of the boat -- the "top" of the tree is 20ft away -- everything on the screen from Zero to the left of the screen shows no tree, as that's 0-12ft under the boat -- the top of my LS transducer is set level with the TM motor. Were it clicked back a click or two, there would be no image on the screen from 0 back under the boat ... whereas if it were clicked forward a click or two, it would show way behind the transducer (almost being in Down Image mode). And yes, my transducer is mounted on the TM shaft.
    Thanks Quailtail thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast