HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Show us some deer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got this one back November 23rd. I seen him opening day evening, but he was in the field with 28 Does. Hard to sneak up on that many eyes lol. Next time I seen him, I actually got there late, and he was already in the field with 7-8 does and I didnt see him. They seen me though and all ran off… I said well I’m here might as well hunt. Its a 16 ac field of Rye grass and wheat. I laid on the hill about 120 yards from the field and he came back out about 10 minutes before dark. I ranged him at 370 and he was quartering away headed to the back corner. Which was about 600 yards from where I was laying. I guess he was about 400 when he got back in the open and I dialed 400 on my scope. Squeezed the trigger and watched him fall out the bottom of my scope. I went back home and got my son for the recovery. He told me he was proud I shot a buck lol. Hes not a huge deer, but I was glad to get him.
    Name:  F79DB136-986A-4778-B451-85759FFA94BB.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  59.0 KB
    Likes MCG1, S10CHEVY, Jman5626 LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prater4586 View Post
    Got this one back November 23rd. I seen him opening day evening, but he was in the field with 28 Does. Hard to sneak up on that many eyes lol. Next time I seen him, I actually got there late, and he was already in the field with 7-8 does and I didnt see him. They seen me though and all ran off… I said well I’m here might as well hunt. Its a 16 ac field of Rye grass and wheat. I laid on the hill about 120 yards from the field and he came back out about 10 minutes before dark. I ranged him at 370 and he was quartering away headed to the back corner. Which was about 600 yards from where I was laying. I guess he was about 400 when he got back in the open and I dialed 400 on my scope. Squeezed the trigger and watched him fall out the bottom of my scope. I went back home and got my son for the recovery. He told me he was proud I shot a buck lol. Hes not a huge deer, but I was glad to get him.
    Name:  F79DB136-986A-4778-B451-85759FFA94BB.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  59.0 KB
    looks good to me , lots of meat on them hooves , congratulations sir
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales