HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing rods delivered to home. Package handling.

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugnutzz View Post
    Dang. What were the hours? Did she get benefits too?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Before Daylight to after dark

Sent from my SM-G975U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLine View Post
    Ugly stick is the only rod my son didn’t break. From 5 to 20 years old he probably broke 10 rods. Now he buys his own. Thank goodness
    Note - for best results buy rods from online tackle shops . They use heavy duty tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    AND if you sell one and ship it go to a carpet store and get a piece of the tube that carpet comes on.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Or a piece of thin wall pvc pipe
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes Kevin22, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a 7 ft. one piece rod from Fish USA. When it came to the house, the mailman knocked on the door, which was odd because he usually just put it on the deck and leave. I got the door and seen him smiling holding the package, says to me, I don't think you want to accept this. The rod tube was broke about 2 ft. down and was only a piece of the tube was holding it together, the rod was broke in 2 pieces. Fish USA packages their rods in the heavy cardboard tubes, it would have taken an effort to break it like it was. A week later new one replaced it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    AND if you sell one and ship it go to a carpet store and get a piece of the tube that carpet comes on.
    That carpet tube is a great idea. They are super sturdy!
    Bob
    Thanks wannabe fisherman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rollingrock View Post
    I ordered a 7 ft. one piece rod from Fish USA. When it came to the house, the mailman knocked on the door, which was odd because he usually just put it on the deck and leave. I got the door and seen him smiling holding the package, says to me, I don't think you want to accept this. The rod tube was broke about 2 ft. down and was only a piece of the tube was holding it together, the rod was broke in 2 pieces. Fish USA packages their rods in the heavy cardboard tubes, it would have taken an effort to break it like it was. A week later new one replaced it.
    I had the same situation, mailman knocked and said the same thing. The difference was i had bought a combo off ebay just for the reel, and the rod was worthless (a cherrywood with a pflueger president for $20).. i was going to give it away anyways. I told him it was fine, i just wanted the reel not the rod. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "are you sure?" I said absolutely, and took the package. I bet that guy though there was something fishy going on (pun intended).

Mine was a triangle box, and it was torn in half, then all 3 pieces of rod shoved into the one half with the label on it and the end taped over. Ive thought about it before, how did that rod break in thirds when the box broke in half? I mean cherrywoods are almost ugly sticks, they are hard to break. Im thinking that the box tore on a sorting machine or something and the rod was hanging out, so a worker (mr not my job to repackage) broke the rod in 3 pieces and stuck it back in there.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Crappie.com mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Sold a reloading press on ebay a few years ago. About 45 pounds of cast iron and steel. At the post office they weighed it up, put a label on it, turned around and threw it about 6 feet into a cloth mail buggy with other packages in it. Pretty certain it broke some things when it landed.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    Sold a reloading press on ebay a few years ago. About 45 pounds of cast iron and steel. At the post office they weighed it up, put a label on it, turned around and threw it about 6 feet into a cloth mail buggy with other packages in it. Pretty certain it broke some things when it landed.
    Yessir theres a 50lb limit on packages for a reason. Any and all priority and parcel select packages under 50lbs all tossed (literally) into the same bins and thrown (literally) onto the same conveyor belts. They used to say somewhere that for insurance you need to package your items to withstand 50lb objects. I havent read the insurance policy in a while though since i do not usually ship fragile items.

Ive gotten 50lb boxes of lead many times, imagine that falling on your fishing rod when exiting the sorting machines. Always ship your rods in pvc tubes.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Crappie.com mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I keep all the tubes that my rods come in for when I need to ship out a rod that I've sold. Haven't sold one yet, but if and when I do, I'm ready.
    On a side note, I noticed that my pile of tubes was looking a little disheveled. Upon investigation, it appears the wife has been cutting some up with the reciprocating saw, stuffing them with lint from the dryer and using them for firestarters. Never let a woman near your powertools.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
    I keep all the tubes that my rods come in for when I need to ship out a rod that I've sold. Haven't sold one yet, but if and when I do, I'm ready.
    On a side note, I noticed that my pile of tubes was looking a little disheveled. Upon investigation, it appears the wife has been cutting some up with the reciprocating saw, stuffing them with lint from the dryer and using them for firestarters. Never let a woman near your powertools.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    That’s funny
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast