HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: pocket knife

MCG1 is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  20221206_121909.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  22.9 KB
    Winchester W40 14027 3" blades. Very sharp, easy to sharpen. Has been used to field dress deer and squirrels, cut rope, parachord, and open packages.
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Case XX Amber Bone Pocket Knife - Medium Stockman - Amber Bone
    Site Maintenance

Case blades hold an edge better then most and are built to last.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was always told that you NEVER give a knife to anyone.

You ask the recipient…..do you have a nickel…penny..quarter.. or whatever…and give them the knife after you receive the coin…

Heard that ALL my life…can’t say from who but probably my dad or grandpa. Supposed to be bad luck..don’t know if it’s for the giver or receiver…

And that’s what I have done with every….and there have been many knives that I have given away.

Just an old wives tail….maybe someone on the site knows it’s origin.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Adams View Post
    I was always told that you NEVER give a knife to anyone.

You ask the recipient…..do you have a nickel…penny..quarter.. or whatever…and give them the knife after you receive the coin…

Heard that ALL my life…can’t say from who but probably my dad or grandpa. Supposed to be bad luck..don’t know if it’s for the giver or receiver…

And that’s what I have done with every….and there have been many knives that I have given away.

Just an old wives tail….maybe someone on the site knows it’s origin.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    You got me curious. Found this on the Opinel website Why do we give somebody a coin when they give us a knife as a gift? | Opinel.com.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by icehouse View Post
    Attachment 442756
    Attachment 442757

With you all talking about knives, I thought I would show you a set left to me by my father before his passing years ago! I remember the day he bought this set.
    It was a display at a lumber company that sold knives behind the counter! If you read the label, it states “sample”!
    I’ve been offered 5k for it, but can’t seem to let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    I have a couple of those blades. that top one looks like a Kodiak. Case makes excellent blades. Durable, easy to sharpen, and hold an edge like no other. Great product. Been carrying them for 40 years.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like I have more need for a multi tool like a Leatherman or something while fishing. I say this because I don't have one yet! I have a Typro around my neck for cutting line.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to beat a Leatherman. I fell and managed to bust the locks on one. I contacted Leatherman about how to send it in for repair on my own dime. A few photos sent by email and a new one was one it's way.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  318155219_5910736512303141_5403058084389536053_n.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  80.0 KB
    Gone Fishin.
    Likes MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Honest to the Good Lord story here.......I was loading my boat about 15 years ago and looked down in the water at the boat ramp and picked up a brand new looking Ken Onion black pocket knife. Cool. So I liked it and carried it around for a while. So here's the story........

When my son, now 23, was in the 2nd grade, he loved his teacher, Mrs. Betsy, so much that he invited her to his birthday party. His birthday is October 8. It was on a Sunday that year. She came and brought her husband, Coach Clyde, the High School Head Football Coach, with her. They gave my son a real football. *My son was always a husky kid and ended up playing football from 3rd grade to 12th grade. Made All Conference & All State and played in the All Star Game the summer after he graduated.* Anyway, so Coach tells my son he can tell he's "just built" like a football player and he can't wait to coach him someday. They throw a few passes and then the Coach & his wife leave. It was a special moment for my young son, and us as well. How many high school head football coaches have time to go to a 2nd grader's birthday party? How many of us guys would go to a kid's birthday party with our wives? I probably wouldn't.

Back to the story.....Coach noticed that I used that Ken Onion knife to cut the strings on a birthday present and he commented that he liked it. He offered a trade. He pulled a Case Russlock out of his pocket. I liked it, so we shook hands and made the trade. 5 days later on Friday the 13th, Coach Clyde had a massive heart attack and died just before a football game. He was 50 years old.

Coach Clyde O'Dell always told his players to play with "no regrets." It's been a long time and most of the players at the school now don't even know who he was, but they see the "No Regrets" painted all over the school and really big on a wall in the Field House at the school. My son loved him from the moment he met him, and he loved his wife, Mrs. Betsy too. She, sadly, has passed away too, from a brain aneurysm, in her early 60's. Sad how life plays out.

So to make this long story short......I carry that Case Russlock everywhere I go. Someday I'm gonna give it to my son, but right now it's still mine. I always remember that particular birthday party very vividly.

Get a Case Russlock. Great deer knife and handy for just about anything. You can open & close it with one hand if you need to.
    Last edited by GoTennTitans; 12-09-2022 at 10:17 AM.
    Likes Smitty39365, SuperDave336, MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoTennTitans View Post
    Honest to the Good Lord story here.......I was loading my boat about 15 years ago and looked down in the water at the boat ramp and picked up a brand new looking Ken Onion black pocket knife. Cool. So I liked it and carried it around for a while. So here's the story........

When my son, now 23, was in the 2nd grade, he loved his teacher, Mrs. Betsy, so much that he invited her to his birthday party. His birthday is October 8. It was on a Sunday that year. She came and brought her husband, Coach Clyde, the High School Head Football Coach, with her. They gave my son a real football. *My son was always a husky kid and ended up playing football from 3rd grade to 12th grade. Made All Conference & All State and played in the All Star Game the summer after he graduated.* Anyway, so Coach tells my son he can tell he's "just built" like a football player and he can't wait to coach him someday. They throw a few passes and then the Coach & his wife leave. It was a special moment for my young son, and us as well. How many high school head football coaches have time to go to a 2nd grader's birthday party? How many of us guys would go to a kid's birthday party with our wives? I probably wouldn't.

Back to the story.....Coach noticed that I used that Ken Onion knife to cut the strings on a birthday present and he commented that he liked it. He offered a trade. He pulled a Case Russlock out of his pocket. I liked it, so we shook hands and made the trade. 5 days later on Friday the 13th, Coach Clyde had a massive heart attack and died just before a football game. He was 50 years old.

Coach Clyde O'Dell always told his players to play with "no regrets." It's been a long time and most of the players at the school now don't even know who he was, but they see the "No Regrets" painted all over the school and really big on a wall in the Field House at the school. My son loved him from the moment he met him, and he loved his wife, Mrs. Betsy too. She, sadly, has passed away too, from a brain aneurysm, in her early 60's. Sad how life plays out.

So to make this long story short......I carry that Case Russlock everywhere I go. Someday I'm gonna give it to my son, but right now it's still mine. I always remember that particular birthday party very vividly.

Get a Case Russlock. Great deer knife and handy for just about anything. You can open & close it with one hand if you need to.
    That is a great story!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks GoTennTitans thanked you for this post

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast