HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: pocket knife

Post Thanks / Like

Those coffee cups or the top off the window in a car door will make a knife scary sharp
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes Birdbander LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Some of those Microtechs can go upwards of 10 grand. My late bother and I bought and sold knives on eBay from 2000-2003. I was the front man with the money to buy the product. He would scour the county side for folks wanting to sell their whole collection. We would then most of the time break up the collection and sell each knife individually. People will pay a lot of money if they are just missing one knife to complete a series. Lost count of the number of knives we paid around 20 bucks for and sold for 150-300 bucks. Got a hold of quite a few very plain..ugly in my opinion….Japanese pen knives. I didn’t see what folks wanted in those knives but they sold like hotcakes.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    I find it really interesting that like you stated folks would pay that much for a knife , I thought 250 was past ridiculous high until it became obvious it was “worth” 10 times that , just wow
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I have several for different occasions but my everyday carry is my Uncle Henry Rancher.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Shrade “ Skoal” edition knife , could only be had by collecting skoal lids way back when AND a story you won’t believe about it travels back when as well ….
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    God Bless You

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    I find it really interesting that like you stated folks would pay that much for a knife , I thought 250 was past ridiculous high until it became obvious it was “worth” 10 times that , just wow
    Certainly a high price
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Default knifes

I was given a knife as a Christmas present from my Father in Law approx. 30 years ago. The knife was made by Nagle Reblade in the early 1900' s. The knife had changeable blades I only have 2 would love to find the other blades. The knife has beautiful green bone handles and was very well made.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0626.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  65.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Gone Fishin.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Benchmade Bugout clipped in my pocket. it's thin and light. It's decent for everyday stuff, but it's not really heavy duty. I like how light and then it is. I'd love it if it was assisted opening. You can 'flick' it open

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chetc View Post
    My daughter wants to get me a gift for Christmas. i was thinking of a nice pocket knife that's not bulky, good quality blade around 3"lg any good suggestions

chet
    I would not presume to tell you what you should carry but I suggest you think what you want from a pocket knife and then decide on quality and price. For myself I want a small knife, rounded corners, quality blade that will keep a good edge and feels like it's not there when in my pocket. The one I got about thirty years ago is a Kershaw. Folded up it's 2.5 inches long, .25 inch thick, lock blade, all edges rounded and takes and holds a sharp edge. I don't intend to use it to skin a muskrat, build a figure four dead fall trigger or cut carpet. I simply want a sharp knife always available.

Good luck on figuring out what you want.

Jack

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast