HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new livescope unit

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new livescope unit

Today they came by ups, both my garmin echomap ultra 106sv units and my livescope lvs32 transducer and black box. If I only had a boat to put them on. In the middle of building of building a shop to put one in,if I can find exactly what I want. Man boat shopping is something, so many different brands that’s all trying to be exactly like bass pro boats. Looking for a boat that I can shoot docks out of and vertical troll and livescope fish. Is there one.?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I do those things from my boat (1999 ProCraft 16Bass w/90hp Merc)

Empty bracket is for my Hook 7

(picture taken prior to adding Livescope)
    Thanks Danny Lang thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Lang View Post
    Today they came by ups, both my garmin echomap ultra 106sv units and my livescope lvs32 transducer and black box. If I only had a boat to put them on. In the middle of building of building a shop to put one in,if I can find exactly what I want. Man boat shopping is something, so many different brands that’s all trying to be exactly like bass pro boats. Looking for a boat that I can shoot docks out of and vertical troll and livescope fish. Is there one.?
    Good luck with your boat shopping. Doing the same myself. Moving into my newly built home in 3 weeks. I too built a shop for a boat…700 square feet. My problem stems from I moved here to fish for trout in a river. Most of my fishing will be for trout in the river but I do not want to give up my crappie and bluegill fishing. A trout boat is ideal for that river but not worth a darn on a lake. Trying to find one that can be used on both types of water, but it is tough.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guys take your time & know without a doubt that you're buying a good ne when you do. Lots of folks have got into a hurry & bought one they've regretted.
    Likes grizwilson LIKED above post
    Thanks Danny Lang, Retired2Fish thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Guys take your time & know without a doubt that you're buying a good ne when you do. Lots of folks have got into a hurry & bought one they've regretted.
    I ain’t getting in no hurry. Sold my boat before moving here….took a year or more to decide on it when I bought it over 7 years ago. Very hard to find a hull that works great on a shallow trout river and works as equally well on a lake. I will in all likelihood do as OP has done…buy a Live Scope before I get a boat. If I want a boat that truly can handle both types of water I’ll probably have to go custom. But it won’t be perfect for both that’s for sure.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    I ain’t getting in no hurry. Sold my boat before moving here….took a year or more to decide on it when I bought it over 7 years ago. Very hard to find a hull that works great on a shallow trout river and works as equally well on a lake. I will in all likelihood do as OP has done…buy a Live Scope before I get a boat. If I want a boat that truly can handle both types of water I’ll probably have to go custom. But it won’t be perfect for both that’s for sure.

Regards

How big is the river you fish for trout. I have a little two man bass boat I fish for crappie in the creeks during the winter. I has a 5hp outboard on the back and 40lb trolling motor on the front. Added a Garmin 7 Stryker and it is a crappie catching machine. I use my 16 footer for the big lake. lt was cheaper for me to buy two boats than try to find one that would serve as double duty.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys leaning toward aluminum or a glass boat?
    Just wondering.
    Downfalls with both.
    I’ve had the finest fiberglass go fast bass boats and custom made aluminum boats.
    Consider your needs, age, and physical condition when you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes grizwilson LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It’s the Little Red in Arkansas. Most folks are fishing it in 16… 20 foot Supreme boats…and other trout boats. But I want to put a boat on Greers Ferry Lake also. A 20 foot trout boat ain’t worth a darn for that. As Danny said about getting a boat he can fish multiple ways out of a boat. I only fish one way…cast and retrieve for both trout and crappie. I’m not going the 2 boats route. If they always ran one generator I would be fine with a normal crappie type boat…but many times there is no flow and really need a shallow draft jet drive. I’ll figure it out hopefully by spring. To tell you the truth I sold a boat that probably was ideal for both…..all I needed to do was swap the prop out for a jet.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Lang View Post
    Man I hear ya. There is a huge marine dealer not 3 minutes from where my new house is. Stopped in there the other day and was blown away just by the sheer number of boats he had. And this is in a town of only 22 thousand folks. I figured if any one could advise me on a boat that works on a trout river and does pretty good on a lake it would be them. After all they sell tons of both type boats. Pretty bummed when a salesman with 15 years experience, and an avid fisherman, told me he wished me luck…just ain’t a boat that can do both. I may go back to custom builder that built boat I sold and ask him to build me something.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Adams View Post
    Are you guys leaning toward aluminum or a glass boat?
    Just wondering.
    Downfalls with both.
    I’ve had the finest fiberglass go fast bass boats and custom made aluminum boats.
    Consider your needs, age, and physical condition when you

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I recently moved from Virginia to Georgia, sold my boat before I left it was a tracker 175, I really miss that boat.
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast