HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12v in Series vs single 24v Lithium Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lund View Post

I didn't know you could series two different types of batteries!
    You cant. Please dont do this.

You have a better chance of hitting the lottery than one of these batteries going bad while on the water. One of the Bluetooth features is battery health. You’ll know way before it goes out.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tlefire View Post
    But, buy a cheap lead acid battery to connect to the other lithium, and never skip a beat waiting for your bad battery to be replaced.
    Not a good idea.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

While it is not ideal to mix battery types/sizes, it is perfectly safe and will keep you on the water.

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the benefit to the 1 50ah battery is resistance and failure issues,,,less problems with multiple cables and resistance compared to the power you loose through the wiring,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore
    Likes Lund LIKED above post

tlefire is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyWelch View Post
    You cant. Please dont do this.

You have a better chance of hitting the lottery than one of these batteries going bad while on the water. One of the Bluetooth features is battery health. You’ll know way before it goes out.
    Better tell this to the battery makers. They say it's fine for short term use.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90 four stroke
    Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Livescope Terrova 24v Ionic lithium batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tlefire View Post
    Better tell this to the battery makers. They say it's fine for short term use.
    Call the distributor and tell them you need them to warranty a battery thats hooked to a lead acid battery and report back.

As for as the “battery makers” go, I still have the box mine come in and they’re made in china. Is this where your getting your info from? China?

For what it’s worth, even lead acid battery manufacturers recommend that the batteries be the same when linked together.
    Name:  7D00BEBD-6763-4801-893B-7419E347AB94.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  44.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Call the distributor and tell them you need them to warranty a battery thats hooked to a lead acid battery and report back.

As for as the “battery makers” go, I still have the box mine come in and they’re made in china. Is this where your getting your info from? China?

For what it’s worth, even lead acid battery manufacturers recommend that the batteries be the same when linked together.
    Name:  7D00BEBD-6763-4801-893B-7419E347AB94.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  44.7 KB
    Yes it is recommended that batteries be the same but you ain't gonna blow up anything by mixing them. You are connecting DC volts to DC volts, no warranty issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckfinder View Post
    Yes it is recommended that batteries be the same but you ain't gonna blow up anything by mixing them. You are connecting DC volts to DC volts, no warranty issues.
    No you won’t blow anything up. I never said that. What you will do if they are different types or different sizes is drastically shorten the life of one or both of the batteries in question.
    Likes TITANSFAN2104 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No you won’t blow anything up. I never said that. What you will do if they are different types or different sizes is drastically shorten the life of one or both of the batteries in question.
    Yes a weaker battery can pull the stronger battery down, but if you have to wait a bit for a replacement lithium, using a lead acid can keep you fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all the advice but think we're going off track a bit.

Do what y'all want to do, but knowing myself I probably will not mix as this is only for a trolling motor when I have a 90hp and a 6hp kicker and regardless I don't have a spare battery anyways

Anyone have any recommendations for LiFePO4 chargers? I know I got quoted one for $100 just curious. The 24v Amped is only available for their 24v single battery.
    Tight Lines!
    '02 Lund Explorer SS 1675 / '02 Yamaha 90hp & 6hp / '22 Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv / '24 Garmin Force Kraken 63" Trolling Motor
    Likes JoeyWelch LIKED above post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast