I havent fished a lot of tournaments over the last few years but when I have the main thing I noticed was the number of boats in the field. Theres several tournament directors in this bunch so Im sure they would like to know what could be improved on to increase the numbers but my main question is, why is the normal field size only 15-25 boats? I know a few years ago some would say I dont have livescope and cant compete against those that do. Which was definitely debunked this past Saturday with a team without forward facing sonar taking 1st place in the live division. Regardless that cant really be used as an excuse anymore because I believe all the local tournaments now have a live division and traditional division.

For those that havent tried tournament fishing yet, I highly suggest giving it a go a few times. I think the bug has bitten me this year and the extra rush you get when theres money on the line is worth the $100 entry fee. All opinions all welcome, just a general curiosity that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com