HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life Jackets?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't wear it under your coat! I would advise you to get one and wear it WHENEVER you are in the boat! If you have a medical emergency, you might die when you are in the water but at least your body would be on the surface! They WORK! I don't feel like telling the story of my best friend and his experience.

Post Thanks / Like

For the hydrostatic inflators, is it normally priced at almost $200?
    Tight Lines!
    '02 Lund Explorer SS 1675 / '02 Yamaha 90hp & 6hp / '22 Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv / '24 Garmin Force Kraken 63" Trolling Motor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lund View Post
    For the hydrostatic inflators, is it normally priced at almost $200?
    Usually around 275-300.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Thanks Lund thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not to contradict anyone here but I do wear mine under a BPS 100MPH fishing parka. I use Mustangs, the neck section I place against my neck with the parka collar under it so if it inflates I still get the proper lift placement. The Velcro lets loose very easily during inflation. I do not zip my parka up tight either and there is lots of room above the drawstring for inflation. I have had it inflate by surprise twice now. It happens so fast it spooked me both times. Both times my system was just old. I wear it all day, everyday I'm on the water, lot's of mileage on mine. Having worked in the North Sea you had to do survival training in the water and in a helicopter body inside a pool. The survival suits are a bit bulky so wearing my Mustang under my parka seems natural to me.
    If I die from a Deadly Sin it will be Gluttony!

"Formerly known as rojoguio"
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I made my son wear a life jacket whenever he was in the boat. He once ask me why does he have to wear one and I don't. I have worn one ever since. It goes when I launch the boat and it comes off when the boat is loaded on the trailer. For winter fishing you want a suit that floats. I have seen two men be recovered from drowning. It's a seen I never ever want to see again.
    Likes Lund LIKED above post

BuckeyeCrappie is online now Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I won’t go on the water without one and encourage everyone to do the same. Things go south real fast and a fall with a head blow can lead to tragedy quickly.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net
    Likes Lund LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have two and one is always worn when on the water. A regular one and last year bought an auto inflatable one. I wear the auto inflatable one during summer and the regular one in winter now. I trust the regular one more plus it’s added warmth.
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie, Damion Kidd, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing a PFD is mandatory any time you're in a kayak in N.C.. I've been wearing one so long, I just don't feel right without one. Haven't needed one yet, but I'd sure hate to need it & not have it on.

Jim
    Likes Damion Kidd LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yak Fish View Post
    Wearing a PFD is mandatory any time you're in a kayak in N.C.. I've been wearing one so long, I just don't feel right without one. Haven't needed one yet, but I'd sure hate to need it & not have it on.

Jim
    I don’t think it’s mandatory here but I never get in my yak without one. Lots of places I fish are no more than 3 ft but it’s still on. I never even realize I have it on since I got used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

A week ago out here on the Little Red River a boats motor failed coming though Cow Shoals on 2 generators…..the river was rolling. The boat hit either a rock or tree…..flipped…dumping the 3 individuals in the river. All of them had on inflatables. I watched as they went rolling by. Those PFD’s saved their life no doubt. It was hot but 48 degree water will get to you. Two days ago saw a boat go by with a woman holding a tiny infant….no PFD. My host here called them out on it. Their reply was they had a PFD in the boat. Things happen quick on the water.

RegardsName:  IMG_9737.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  139.9 KBName:  IMG_9738.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  173.0 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks silverside, SuperDave336 thanked you for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast