HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Seattle Area Next Month

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    We’ll said, EZ.
    Bob
    I was taught this at the age of 10 by a wise man who left school to work in the coal mines when he was ten.

I was complaining one day about some bad things that had happened that day, the final straw was my breaking the fishing rod he had made for me. He sit me down and told me, Eddie, bad things and good things happen every day in your life. Note I said bad things and good things, not good things and bad things. if you say good things and bad things then you concentrate on the bad things that happen. if you say bad things and good things, you concentrate on the good things, as your mind concentrates on the last thing it thinks. Happiness is a state of mind and you control your mind.

I don't want to ever hear you complaining again about bad things that happen to you. I want to hear you talking about all the good things that happens each day. He then spent the rest of the day making me an even better fishing rod, as the one I broke was made for an eight year old and the new one was made for a ten year old.

I never forgot what my grandfather taught me that day. He was the one who taught me how to fish, how to shoot and how to hunt. He installed the love of forests, lakes and mountains in me.

After he died I realized, that more importantly, he taught me how to live without lying, cheating, stealing and to treat others as i wanted to be treated by the example he set as he lived his life. But he also taught me that if somebody wronged you, the best revenge was to smile at them every time you saw them. He said that would drive them crazy with worry, trying to figure out what you were up to and what you had planned to do to get back at them for what they did. And it works.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.
    Thanks Ketchn, kycreek thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff brother . life is what you make it ,for sure
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    i will take 100 over 50 , my old bones dont like it cold , but then again my young bones didnt either .....
    Fifty degrees I can wear long johns and a jacket and be comfortable. At 100 degrees, even I took all my clothes off i would still be uncomfortable. And those around me would be even more uncomfortable, seeing my naked worn-out fat body. If they didn't die of laughter.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    Likes S10CHEVY, fiveeyes, MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes on your move.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

going away ketchn party to commence soon , stay tuned .....
    Thanks ezgoing thanked you for this post

Foxy Jig is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

it will be as good as you make it..have fun and you do you
    Thanks ezgoing thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

going away ketchn party to commence soon , stay tuned .....
    Ketchn party had to be postponed. 112-degree heat index is a little bit more than I can tolerate.

Texas is giving me a going away party with a record number of 100+ degree days this summer. I'm starting to look forward to those 70-degree days my son-in=law is telling me he is enduring there. It is going to be a big adaptation to the change in temperature between the two areas.

Last night I watched a video on crappie fishing there that was filmed in late May. They were all wearing coats on the boat. I had to look at the YouTube title again to make sure it was May and not January when the video was filmed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Jig View Post
    it will be as good as you make it..have fun and you do you
    I plan on making it fun. And if it doesn't meet my exceptions, then I will just lower my exceptions until they match what I experience. If I can't catch a limit of crappie, a limit of rainbow trout and a limit of walleye each day, then I will just decided that I really only wanted to catch a limit of crappie and a limit of rainbow trout that day if that is what I catch. Besides, I keep very few fish anymore, so what ever I catch will make me happy. And if I don't catch any i will enjoy the boat ride.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

108 yesterday , see you at 6 am sharp monday for the before work chase ,,,,,,just saying

Post Thanks / Like

108 yesterday , see you at 6 am sharp monday for the before work chase ,,,,,,just saying
    Although it will be a supreme effort to get up that early I will be there. I just hope the crappie received the notice to be there as well.

Can't stay late myself, I have too much scheduled that I must do Monday.

I'm hoping the weather is cooler next Saturday. I was looking forward to going yesterday but it was just too darn hot.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast