HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do gills bite better early morning ?

Post Thanks / Like

seems later in the day is best for me , sometime around lunch till late in the day for sunfish, morning gill bites are not something I remember as being of great value when it comes to ketchn them
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes z520tom LIKED above post
    Thanks gillchaser999 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that right around sunrise and an hour or two before sunset is when we catch the most bluegill. We're still trying to figure out where to find them on the beds though
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post
    Thanks gillchaser999 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do gills bite better early morning ?

Quote Originally Posted by FishHunter7725 View Post
    I've found that right around sunrise and an hour or two before sunset is when we catch the most bluegill. We're still trying to figure out where to find them on the beds though
    If your water is clear enough to see bottom. Go at night with a high powered hand held spotlight. One person run the troll motor and gps to mark the beds. The other stand up and do the shining and looking. Best way I know

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been doing some googling and reading and I figured out why I haven’t been catching as much at the pond lately .
    It’s the temperature.
    We’ve been having record high temperatures lately and the small , shallow pond heats up and doesn’t cool off much at night .
    The bigger gills are most likely out in middle near the aerator trying to find the coolest temps .
    That explains why the shady side produces some until the sun hits the area and heats it up .
    I enjoyed winter fishing this past January and February up there on sunny days .
    Didn’t have many walkers either . And the geese weren’t as bad .
    “ The bigger the Bend , the Wider the Grin ! “

Post Thanks / Like

We have had a real cool spell here in the NE that has lasted a couple of days. I’m going to test out how that affected the bite. Today the water will be warming and I’m thinking they are going to be aggressive. Fun to find out.
    Bob
    Likes gillchaser999 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12