HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: does color really matter ?

Post Thanks / Like

I say size matters more than color. The fall of the jig really matters when casting

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post
    Thanks Spoonminnow thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 220cst View Post
    I say size matters more than color. The fall of the jig really matters when casting

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    size often has everything to do with what they want to see , and fall rates are often what spooks crappie , on ls you can clearly see fish move away from jigs that come in to their area to "hot"
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Rojo LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been saying colors more to sell baits by catching fishermen . I use livescope and say it is presentation . Put it in their face . I use only 2 baits . Purple/chartreuse and orange/chartreuse glow .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes Spoonminnow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    I have been saying colors more to sell baits by catching fishermen . I use livescope and say it is presentation . Put it in their face . I use only 2 baits . Purple/chartreuse and orange/chartreuse glow .
    This is likely the truth in most cases , I rarely actually carry more than 2 or 3 colors with me in the average pit stop crappie ketchn scenarios
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Spoonminnow, NIMROD LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on your style of fishing and water clarity for colors to make a difference. Yesterday, I trolled cranks after a hard rain, water clarity went to heavy stained and muddy in areas, wind had changed to NE with a cold front that had overnite moved in, I found fish had moved alittle deeper than 2 days before,,,fish were hesitant to hit a crankbait,,,I changed colors a lot,,,and due to coloration of water,,,bone with orange, O Jay, and Yellow Jacket PICO’s which had orange in it were the best colors. In certain situations and styles of fishing,,to me,,colors do matter. I also experienced seeeing fish as I trolled using Mega Live on the screens,,fish scatter as the boat approached them diving all way to bottoms,,,they were spooked by the trolling motor or boat overhead and 2 days before had never done that. I had the Mega Live set 70’ out in forward view while trolling cranks and could see fish and baitballs immediately at 70’ and by the time I got within 10’ of them they were reacting to the boat and trolling motor in a cold front situation. Fishing under normal weather patterns they had never done this before using Mega Live while trolling.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I watch your posts and I have read where you stay away from clear lakes in Ark. I understand how you catch so many good quality Crappie. But if you fished clear lakes, your gonna need something besides that 13’ and 2 baits. And you know what I am talking about. I dont think a Feller needs 20 color comb’s but 5-6 works in clear water lakes. Sorry, meant to copy Nimrods above text. I aint caught enough on that purple/char to have a decent fish fry. You just hav to use what works for you where your at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    size often has everything to do with what they want to see , and fall rates are often what spooks crappie , on ls you can clearly see fish move away from jigs that come in to their area to "hot"
    Found out how true this is yesterday. Was fishing 4-6 feet of water. Strikes/catches were spotty. Fish were suspended at around three feet. Surface temp was averaging high sixties. Was using a 1/32 jig. I noticed how fast the 2 1/2 “ Berkeley Gulp Shad was dragging down the jig head and decided to cut about a third off. Made all the difference. Was it the size change only? Both? Could be, but I think it was a change in the fall rate.
    Likes BDBFishing LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone from where they were chewing the paint off a crankbait, then they mysteriously just quit, like somebody flipped a switch. I changed colors (same make/size crank) and the bite picked up again once I hit the right color. Then, the second one shut off like a switch. So, I went back to the original color and started ketchn' again. I realized that when the sun was out, the original (shad color) was working, but when it went behind clouds, the bite was off and the darker (purple) worked. I started pulling both colors at the same time and my cloud cover theory proved correct. Color does matter when it matters.

Jim
    Likes SuperDave336 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have done the same shooting docks. You get one or 2 fish then nothing. Change to a different color and get another one or two fish. I definitely believe sometimes they need something they haven't seen before
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Using livescope now you can see your bait and the fish reaction. I have seen them react to colors and yes you can get a bite when put right on them. Then change color they were much more aggressive and actually went out towards bait instead of having to hit them on the head with it. Personally I think color matters, yes they might hit anything that bothers them and is put on their heads but actively will chase the right color better.
    Likes Rojo LIKED above post

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast