HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring cleaning time ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring cleaning time ....

We took off early and headed west , 1.5 hours out we stopped , 3.5 hours later we went home . Seemed like a long day to H and me ,but we got some of the spring cleaning accomplished out at my friend's place .
    Kept around a 125 skinny crappie to donate to folks in the big city and found enormous numbers of fish on the ends of our lines . Might have topped 300 or more assorted fish total , possibly more , but in the end who really counts a bite EVERY single cast right ?
    Found some numbers of monster bluegill on beds at one stop, found a few shellcrackers here and there as well , found lots of bass and of course some kind of ridiculous numbers of crappie as well .
    Pretty fun stuff for sure , but it could make old men a bit tired as well , we were looking a bit beat up by the time we headed home for sure and sat down several times as we casted to and fro later in this episode .
    KABOOM went my 6 lb test a few times as it needs to be refreshed , old line and hot fish don't mix well as you can imagine , lost 3 really nice jigs on fish and will be respooling today.
    More laughs than allowed on this episode and to be most positive we exceeded the limit in that area by about 27 miles ......
    KABOOM for sure ....
    p.s no particular color or jig or presentation was critical , a jig and rod and do as you please with it was the ticket
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY, Powerbait, BitByLivescope, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice cooler of fish. Y'all were getting after them
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice cooler! KABOOM

Post Thanks / Like

we did not discriminate this visit , all the white crappie hit the ice chest for the most part , a few got a pass if they were to much of a distance from the chest though, sort of lazy and the bite was just stupid good .....

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Big day! Kudos on the donations.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great story and what an incredible day. One of those you don’t want to end, no matter how tired you are! I would love to get into some of those dinner plate sized pans!
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Great story and what an incredible day. One of those you don’t want to end, no matter how tired you are! I would love to get into some of those dinner plate sized pans!
    Bob
    them gills were just flat nice , hard to find that quality locally for sure , most places in the metro area don't grow em that size ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    them gills were just flat nice , hard to find that quality locally for sure , most places in the metro area don't grow em that size ....
    That’s no doubt true. A lot of folks in the metro may be fishing for dinner so a lot get put in the pail before they grow.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    That’s no doubt true. A lot of folks in the metro may be fishing for dinner so a lot get put in the pail before they grow.
    Bob
    yep, but in some spots they never seem to grow large , it might be them there bigger fish eating them
    river fish here run small and some lakes as well , never see a 8 to 10 inch sunfish in some of them , maybe genetics as well ....
    native bluegill here are often pretty small even when mature ....

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A super sized KABOOM for this day. Great cooler of fish and a great memory for time to come when you’re unable to go. Thanks for the ride along.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast