HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The BEST plastic bait is ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab Apprentice View Post
    LFT (Lake Fork Tackle) baby shad for the win. I also like Bobby Garland baby shad, blue ice baby!! I mainly vertical jig, but have caught em casting too

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    man its been years since i seen some of them lake fork tackle baits , thanks for reminding me
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use plastics very often, fish my hand ties 90% of the time for crappie so my plastic list is short. Crappie stingers with chartreuse glow tails and Keitech 2" Easy Shiner are my go to plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

I figure you can catch them on about anything as long as it's a southern pro mini jig in black/chartreuse tipped with a white crappie nibble. I sure would like to have a conversation with whoever splits the tails for Creme. Out of a package of 25 you will have over half just mashed and split at an angle. They suck.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO .... Slab-a-nator plastic bodies are what I consider "the best". Inexpensive, tough, and yet soft enough to provide plenty of action. I've used probably half a dozen different brands of plastics over the years, and right now about 90% of the plastics in my bag are Slabanator brand jig bodies.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Muddy Waters , Brush pile ,jokers ,Have great colors and last . Also the crappie magnet is my go to short profile jig body . Fle-fly go go minnow is by far the best curly tail if casting but only use on a tough bite . Will out catch any I have ever used but are very soft .
    [IMG]ox1000jpg[/IMG]
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say those Crappie Magnets worked best for me last year. Especially the black/chartreuse. Second go to was Berkley Gulp! Alive! minnows in the 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 inch sizes. Black Shad color.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

the fle fly go go minnow is one deadly curly tail , wont last long as it is soft as warm butter , but will flutter at the slightest movement .
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m with pappy on this one. Slabanator hot rods are by far the best plastic I have fished. Go to color has to be monkeyshine. You can’t go wrong with a couple bags of those in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks CrappiePappy thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For myself “Best” means what you gonna tie on when the fishing is tough, your on unfamiliar ground, or nothing is working. Some days or time of year anything works. But when the going gets tough I will always have a Bobby Garland FullMoon baby Shad on a red head jig. That’s what I’m most confident in under any situation.
    Seems everyone these days are selling dreams, I'm just to cheap to buy one!

Post Thanks / Like

Best for me is almost never the same bait in plastics , color seems to be more important than the actual shape or manufacturer in most cases .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast