HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fishing etiquette question

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of places down that way that very few people fish. When I fished that area from a kayak. I didn't have to worry about boats. I fished places most folks wouldn't take a boat.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I would have taken the opportunity to share Jesus with him. Sounds like he needs it.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an avid kayaker, and speak for other kayakers (I hope).. Dude was a tool. In my opinion kayakers and boaters are of the same cloth, only difference is some don't have the ability to own boat (we all know some kayaks are just as expensive as boats), or we enjoy the minimalist style. Either way, same rules apply, give each other their space, a gentle nod or wave to signal what's up and good luck, and help each other when in need. If you're going to complain, you're clearly missing the point of fishing. I've been beaten to spots many times and I get excited for the other guy seeing them catch fish.. Id also say an experienced fisherman always has a plan b.. If the first spot doesn't pan out, always have a second.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Ande, silverside, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t sweat him. He sounds like one of the many entitled people out there running around and unless you got a lot of time and patience on your hands you are not going to change their mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes Ande, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. In my younger days I would have gladly invited him to the bank so that he might be able to express himself a little better. As we get older we realize we might not have that many fishing days left in our lives. I'm at a point now I don't want to waste precious fishing minutes stomping a mud hole in some disgruntled a****** who seems to think everyone owes him something.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-22-2022 at 10:00 PM. Reason: language
    Likes Ande, hdhntr, Retired2Fish, DarrinG LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You did fine, probably better than me. I’m a gut reaction type person and wouldn’t have taken kindly to his abuse. Might offer him a tissue cuz he was clearly crying. I’ve a few stories about being on both sides of a situation such as this. If he wanted that hole, why was he fishing the other side of the creek? Clear your mind and move on.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Ande, SpeckledSlab, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

P*** on him. It's public water & it's not like you pulled in on the pile he was fishing. Complaining because he has a kayak instead of a boat tells me he needs to seriously be trying to save up for a boat. I can't stand to be cut off & sure ain't going to let someone run their mouth to me when i did no wrong on public water.
    Last edited by BuckeyeCrappie; 03-23-2022 at 08:29 AM.
    Likes Ande, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'll never understand why some people act that way. In my younger years he would have fished with me close the rest of the day. Now that I'm older I don't want conflict. While I wouldn't be run off a spot I probably would have invited him to come on in and fish. Kill em with kindness it that doesn't work then it's on the other guy. Don't waste your time worrying about it. You weren't in the wrong.

Sent from my HD1925 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Opie1, SpeckledSlab, Jamesdean LIKED above post

Micanopy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had encounters with jerks in cars, kayaks, bass boats, lawn mowers and bicycles. Sometimes I wonder how they find me. Doesn’t take much to just set them off you know. I suspect he was watching you. Probably fuming when he saw you catching fish. I am not supposed to be offering advice in this regard.
    Maybe they will bite this one……
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

One advantage that the OP had is he could be long gone and to a different spot entirely. Sometimes it is better to find a more peaceful place without all the turmoil to fish the rest of the day.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast