HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendship Fingerprints

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friendship Fingerprints

These fingerprints are carried on us and our thoughts long after our beloved friends have gone before us. While I have meet many individuals and developed many great friendships from this site, my friendship with Don was one of the awesome ones. After his passing I composed an article on this site about our last fishing trip, "Old Dogs Do Go to Heaven", and at that time thought the written fingerprint ripples had been completed.

However, recently I was contacted by Greg McCain, of ACC fishing, inquiring about Don willing me his green Acc fishing rods. Recently I spent a week of fishing in Mississippi and during that week booked a trip with Tim Howell of Longbranch Guide Service. During that trip we talked about Don and my first trip with him and using those green rods. I commented to Tim about Don leaving me his set of ACC's to me in his will. Tim thought for a minute and said that needs to be shared. Tim reached out to Greg, whom soon called me.

On this recent trip with Tim we caught a lot of fish and my first three pound crappie. It weighed 3.04 five hours after boating it. I was sitting on the side of the boat that Don always sat on and caught it on the furtherest "green rod." I could feel Don in the boat and him hollering, get the net. lol. That same week, after the time with Tim, the set of Don's Acc rods boated a lot of fish from Sardis and Enid. Truly, every fish I catch on these rods reminds me of Don. These to me are true "Hooksets from Heaven."

Friendship results in ‘hooksets from heaven’

You can visit the web site of ACC and click on the Blog icon and the story entitled, "Hooksets from Heaven" (or click above), which will take you to the article. The article here on this site Old Dogs Do Go to Heaven can be found here: https://www.crappie.com/crappie/miss...2-dogs-heaven/ . My morning thoughts are full with memories of Don and G, whom I also miss dearly. These thoughts remind me of the awesome friends I still have here on this site, and hopefully more new ones to come, and appreciate each and everyone of you. "G" and "Don" await me in Heaven and I do wish you each can say Heaven awaits you.

Thanks Slab for providing this platform. If has definitely added a host of "fingerprints" in my life and I wear each one proudly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2205.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	422466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2170.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	422467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2186.jpg 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	422468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2191.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	422469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2253.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	422470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D53A4F3-4E6E-4AB7-82E6-53D9699140BF-1.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	422471

Post Thanks / Like

I added links to your post above. Thank you Jere for sharing and for your participation here on our site. Many of us have made and lost great friends here. It hurts sometimes, but I keep reminding myself it's better to have known and lost than to never have known at all.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Thanks crp4570, M R Dux thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great and inspirational post. It made me take a moment and remember some old friends. Thanks for posting it. Also congratulations on a 3lber.
    Likes SuperDave336, MCG1, funfishers, Smitty39365 LIKED above post
    Thanks crp4570 thanked you for this post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I am honored and glad to have called both You and Don my Friends. So many of those who have influenced me and became my friends were solely because of us meeting here, on an internet fishing forum.

Ed, thanks for the umpteenth time for having the vision and skill to put this together.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Thanks crp4570, Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What a great story. Crappie.com.....Friends, Family, Fishing and Fun. That's what it's all about.

Post Thanks / Like

A very nice post. Thanks for the share.
    Bob
    Likes MCG1, Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

They will be sorely missed. Thanks for posting
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing your memories with us all.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crp4570 View Post
    These fingerprints are carried on us and our thoughts long after our beloved friends have gone before us. While I have meet many individuals and developed many great friendships from this site, my friendship with Don was one of the awesome ones. After his passing I composed an article on this site about our last fishing trip, "Old Dogs Do Go to Heaven", and at that time thought the written fingerprint ripples had been completed.

However, recently I was contacted by Greg McCain, of ACC fishing, inquiring about Don willing me his green Acc fishing rods. Recently I spent a week of fishing in Mississippi and during that week booked a trip with Tim Howell of Longbranch Guide Service. During that trip we talked about Don and my first trip with him and using those green rods. I commented to Tim about Don leaving me his set of ACC's to me in his will. Tim thought for a minute and said that needs to be shared. Tim reached out to Greg, whom soon called me.

On this recent trip with Tim we caught a lot of fish and my first three pound crappie. It weighed 3.04 five hours after boating it. I was sitting on the side of the boat that Don always sat on and caught it on the furtherest "green rod." I could feel Don in the boat and him hollering, get the net. lol. That same week, after the time with Tim, the set of Don's Acc rods boated a lot of fish from Sardis and Enid. Truly, every fish I catch on these rods reminds me of Don. These to me are true "Hooksets from Heaven."

Friendship results in ‘hooksets from heaven’

You can visit the web site of ACC and click on the Blog icon and the story entitled, "Hooksets from Heaven" (or click above), which will take you to the article. The article here on this site Old Dogs Do Go to Heaven can be found here: https://www.crappie.com/crappie/miss...2-dogs-heaven/ . My morning thoughts are full with memories of Don and G, whom I also miss dearly. These thoughts remind me of the awesome friends I still have here on this site, and hopefully more new ones to come, and appreciate each and everyone of you. "G" and "Don" await me in Heaven and I do wish you each can say Heaven awaits you.

Thanks Slab for providing this platform. If has definitely added a host of "fingerprints" in my life and I wear each one proudly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2205.jpg 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	422466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2170.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	422467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2186.jpg 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	422468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2191.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	422469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2253.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	422470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D53A4F3-4E6E-4AB7-82E6-53D9699140BF-1.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	422471
    Don was a good one,stayed with him in his camper at crankfest a couple times.Have made lots of good friends off here,blessed.Thanks slab for the great and jere for sharing there special friendship.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for sharing this story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast