HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The walk of Shame

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    he just loved it , went back the next day tuned up a bit and really really smoked the fire out of them
    it makes my day for sure to see folks in hammer mode , done sent about a half dozen dads and sons up that way to light them up
    imagine some 40 years down the road when some older fella is tellin fish stories about when dad took him to the creek
    they will be telling the story of the crappie whisperer Ketchn who taught them to KABOOM!
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    they will be telling the story of the crappie whisperer Ketchn who taught them to KABOOM!
    i kinda thunk it would be more like some fella on fake book or some social media fishing site told dad about a spot and it was really fun
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats of some winter ketchn. Always enjoy the ride alongs. Looking out at the massive storm we just had this is as close to a fishing trip that I will get!
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Congrats of some winter ketchn. Always enjoy the ride alongs. Looking out at the massive storm we just had this is as close to a fishing trip that I will get!
    Bob
    we are calm and steady here with little to no rainfall and the waters are dropping .
    if it dont rain by spawn time , the fish here will take a legendary beating
    fish in a barrel in the spring is THE BOMB !

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    I would have loved it... totally skunked my last trip. Now there is your walk of shame..
    Good job as always Ketchn even if not exactly what you were looking for.
    Last trip???? I've been totally skunked on my last 5 or 6 trips. Even changed lakes, just to be skunked on the new lake.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    Last trip???? I've been totally skunked on my last 5 or 6 trips. Even changed lakes, just to be skunked on the new lake.
    look for me tomorrow , there should be a bite before the frozen tundra event Wednesday .
    see ya around lunch my friend and we are going to look in shallow water .....just saying

Post Thanks / Like

Always good ahead of the front
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Given my recent results, we will find thousands of crappie and none of them will bite.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not having trouble finding fish, I just can't get them to bite.

Sunday we found huge schools that were longer than my pontoon and covered 4 feet of water from the top of school to bottom of the school. They were in 15 feet of water, covered the water column from 10 feet deep to 14 feet deep. From the size of the images on Livescope they were all nice-sized fish. They were swimming, not just suspended, so we thought for sure we had hit the gold mine.

We tried jigging, we tried casting and swimming the jigs through the schools, nothing would bite. If I had my cast net on board I would have tried that just to see what species they were.

They had the shape of crappie and were in a vertical formation so I thought for sure they were crappie. Then after no results I thought they may be white bass so we started casting and moving through the school at a fast pace, then barely crawling through the schools.

Nothing!

I don't think they were shad or baitfish, due to the size, the formation, and the fact that they did not scatter when our lures went through the school. iF they were shad they were huge. The formations were not balls but were long horizontal schools of 3-4 feet deep. You could see the individual fish in the schools.

Post Thanks / Like

I barely look at my limited electronics so I have no idea how many fish there were that I couldn't get to bite
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast