HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New bluegill lures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TXPanfisher View Post
    Would you recommend the 1.5 or 2 gram lures for general bluegill and crappie fishing? I mostly fish with 2-3 lb test line.

My sweet spot jig weight is 1.5 gram. I am chomping at the bit to try out these new 3 and 5 gram. Due to med appointments....bad weather......getting out the Youtube giveaway video...and now more med procedures, I can't catch a break. But if I am fishing a Trout Magnet...be it for crappie....bluegill...deep or shallow....the first jig I am grabbing is the 1.5 gram.

Regards
    Thanks BobC thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    My sweet spot jig weight is 1.5 gram. I am chomping at the bit to try out these new 3 and 5 gram. Due to med appointments....bad weather......getting out the Youtube giveaway video...and now more med procedures, I can't catch a break. But if I am fishing a Trout Magnet...be it for crappie....bluegill...deep or shallow....the first jig I am grabbing is the 1.5 gram.

Regards
    That's what I've been mainly fishing with the last year or so... 1.5 Diawa jigs.

These Major Craft jigs look pretty neat - I'll probably pick some 1.5 gram ones before spring.

Post Thanks / Like

A 1.5 gram jig is 0.212 oz approaching 1/4 oz. That's pretty heavy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by z520tom View Post
    A 1.5 gram jig is 0.212 oz approaching 1/4 oz. That's pretty heavy.

Hi Tom. I was just double checking my chart, but I have 1/16 oz at 1.77+ grams. I’m thinking a 1.5 gram is some odd amount of ounces under that. If I’m wrong apologies in advance.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

You are right and it's my mistake.
    1 gram = 0.0353 oz
    1.5 gram = 0.05295 oz
    1÷0.05295 = 1/19 oz

That makes it a light 1/16.
    Thanks for catching my mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. It’s a shame we have to keep bouncing back and forth. One useful program I found is if I type in at Google the “(enter the) fractional value = ? Grams” it returns the value in grams. If it is something I need to remember I note it in my notebook. Old school but it works for me.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    No problem. It’s a shame we have to keep bouncing back and forth. One useful program I found is if I type in at Google the “(enter the) fractional value = ? Grams” it returns the value in grams. If it is something I need to remember I note it in my notebook. Old school but it works for me.
    Bob
    Most people here in the USA are not familiar with the metric system. I learned it many years ago in school and used it during my working career. It would be much simpler if we spoke the native tongue! After all we measure our height in feet and inches and our weight in pounds here. Enjoyed our conversation Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using metric system jig heads and lures for several years now. I don't convert anymore. I'm use to using the gram measurement for whatever the case may be....depth, specie and so on. I fish Trout Magnet 90 percent of the time and have been using the JDM jig heads for about 4 years now and won't be going back to US market jig heads. The very few other lures I use are either out of Japan or Australia, and they too are in grams.

Post Thanks / Like

Alphahawk,
    How will you attach them, directly to the line or snap?
    If you cast it they will come.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast