HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How far is to Far ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    Dock shooting is an enjoyable pastime.
    The 10 pounders coming out from under the docks are usually runaway freight trains in the shape of blue cats.
    never did ketch no blues under docks here , BUT big carp, buffalo , bass and drum hide under em lots of times and for sure you can have all of them ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    Doesn't spund like the sprinkler would be legal. Guess it comes down to who owns the water /land that the dock is sitting on
    not sure , it is public water off the dock though and spraying folks passing by is likely on the boarder of harassment and I know for sure in Texas if you harass sportsmen in legal pursuit of fish and game it is a BIG no no ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MDCrappie View Post
    I agree with passing the occupied dock unless I had a prior positive experience with the owner and have no issues with "interrupting" them.
    Now what if you hang the lure in a rope holding the docked boat, and it's at a point you would need to step on dock to get it? Do you step on dock and get the lure? Or do you break it off with the distinct possibility that the dock owner will unknowingly grab that lure as they grab the rope embedding the hook into their hand?
    I try my best to remove all hooks, especially if they run the risk of someone getting injured by my hook. Around the Marinas I see lots of jigs broke off in the mooring ropes. I cut the end off and slip the hooks back out of the ropes. To all that I see that I can reach from my boat. I set them on the deck along with the pliers. I have been asked what I was doing once. I told them and showed them the rusty jigs I had removed. Told them I would hate for someone to get hurt on those. As one gets better at putting the jigs where they want them to go. The less likely one is to get a jig hung up in a bad spot. Cross members under docks or things under the docks claim the jigs I lose now. There is one dock that I shoot that has something under it that will slice your line off every time you get hung on it.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

some pontoons have cross members under them too, do not ask me how I know .....

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum SunsetPoint

Sent from my SM-G975U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes SunsetPoint LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

happycaster58 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MDCrappie View Post
    I agree with passing the occupied dock unless I had a prior positive experience with the owner and have no issues with "interrupting" them.
    Now what if you hang the lure in a rope holding the docked boat, and it's at a point you would need to step on dock to get it? Do you step on dock and get the lure? Or do you break it off with the distinct possibility that the dock owner will unknowingly grab that lure as they grab the rope embedding the hook into their hand?
    If it is in a rope, or anywhere a swimmer could get hooked, then I will take it off- safety first. Most of mine catch wood or cross members tho. Thanks for the chance to clarify.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    some pontoons have cross members under them too, do not ask me how I know .....
    Yes they do.

Post Thanks / Like

On the sprinkler NO. Anything that is aimed at being defensive to someone around a dock is just wrong. I'm still holding my guns that poor owner that had to do all that work to keep people from fishing just because mama seen something big that scared her was not happy he had to do all that work. LMBO
    If the rope is hanging off the front of a boat or off a cleat you should be able to reach it anyway. I look out see you fiddling with the rope holding my boat I know what your doing. Don't have one issue with that. I had rope all the way down my dock in Lake Waccamaw but a boater if the water was deep enough could of motored up and got it out I was happy for him . There again do anything you want to do to get your lure back FROM YOUR BOAT If I over cast and the lure goes up on the dock where I would have to climb up on the dock to get it , I leave it. That old the owner don't own that water is correct but the fisherman don't own the dock. People make the rules hard. It really is that simple.
    Coastal Carolina enjoying the peaceful easy way of life.

Post Thanks / Like

my guide bud said he hit some really good docks with clients 2 days ago and said it was absolute ZOO ....
    boats coming from all directions with zero courtesy and pushing others off docks and so on and so forth .
    words being exchanged that were not so nice and tempers flaring and the etc.etc.etc. ....
    made me better understand the one dock owner with the sprinkler system he recently installed ....just saying

Post Thanks / Like

Folks don't mind rolling a wake at you and washing you into a dock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast