HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How far is to Far ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How far is to Far ?

When we hit docks in this area there are occasions when owners take notice . One such dock back when was just about ridiculous good and the owner was super friendly and then one day I rolled up to it and .....the entire dock had hog panels hanging down in the water around the edges ?
    Seems someone and his buddy decided it would be ok to use the potty right in front of his wife as they sat there on lawn chairs in the backyard watching !
    That ended that spot for sure .....
    Next on the list and we are seeing this deterrent situation evolving and moving faster every day . this fellow on another lake has a very well known dock and he now has 3 or 4 big surf rods set out permanently with huge buoy style floats on them so it is not possible to hit it either , he even patrols it and says watch out for my set ups ....
    He for sure is not fishing with them I promise !
    But yesterday was a first of firsts , my bud calls and says hey you know that dock on yet another lake we like ? I said yeppers and he said well best wear a rain suit if you want to hit it ...?
    Apparently the owner went so far as to set up high volume sprinklers along the edge with a motion detector to spray you good when you approach !
    My bud asked me this about that ...is that even legal ? I said who knows , but for sure the world gets weirder EVERY single day .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes ecoast LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing “slobs” have ruined more places than we can ever imagine. Some years back a nice stretch of stocked trout water was taken away because the owner couldn’t put up with bank damage anymore. It took years before the state could get another chance.
    Bob
    Likes Rojo LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Fishing “slobs” have ruined more places than we can ever imagine. Some years back a nice stretch of stocked trout water was taken away because the owner couldn’t put up with bank damage anymore. It took years before the state could get another chance.
    Bob
    Totally factual sir , many places get trashed by the public , lost a spot back in the late 70 early 80 area over monster trucks ravaging the landscape , put up heavy pipe fences to stop us from hitting one of the best spots ever !
    Got so bad back in there that my little 2 wheel drive truck struggled to get by all the ruts and bogs they created !
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't spund like the sprinkler would be legal. Guess it comes down to who owns the water /land that the dock is sitting on
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

A guy on one of our lakes put one on his dock that would spray you when you pull up to it. It didn’t last long the guy with the badge had a short conversation with him

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchen I have a big dock, with a gazebo on it , two slips on either side. Have two black gentleman come there often they tie to the slip polls and cast up under it. To me thats being very respectful and walk out and talk to them now and then tickled they are enjoying their day . Don't tell everyone but when a dock grills rush, they go in the water and right dead in the middle of my gazebo under the dock. There three under there now. If someone throws a lure up on the dock don't have a issue with you trolling over using your rod tip to get it off. My docks to high to reach over. Built it high for the hurricanes and its cement. .
    I don't own the water but I do own the dock. Dock is privet property. No one needs to be on the dock. Once you climb my ladder the game changes. What I do not like is people motoring over to the ladders tie to my main dock getting up on my dock under that gazebo walking around if they throw a lure in the middle . To far to what I call rod reach it. I've lost rods out there hung them in the top part so someone had to get up on the dock to get them, had a cooler out there that got gone, and the gazebo is enclosed. Wind is not going to blow that out and if it were a tornado it would of tore the top off. LOL If you want to know if all men are created equal no they are not. Most respect others stuff but some I think would steal something just because its there.
    I have ADT at the house 10 camera's and fixed my issue. Traveled all my life with work. Worked out of Chicago. Put a wireless camera out there. Over water is works just fine. Its one of the 10. Added a sign on the end, of the dock ADT under security. Everyone can see it from a boat. Have not had any more issues but in the case of your post and a funny way of looking at it if your home and have to pee do you walk to the bathroom or pee on the floor. LOL That is our home your fishing by.
    I would not get bent out of shape if I saw someone peeing by my dock I'd laugh at you. Its big enough to motor to the end take a few seconds and about hide a bass boat where no one could see that person doing his deal, but there are always those few that didn't have much raising, like your spot someone screw it now no one can enjoy it.
    Do I think he want to far. Your dock owner?. We will never know what he's married to or what he won't get till he makes mama happy. All women are not created equal either. Some of them just down right mean. LOL

All we ask of those that enjoy fishing respect what's not yours. Thats not to much to ask. I always yell out there to anyone thats fishing if I'm outside. . " If its over 10 pounds you have to bring it to me" Puts a smile on their face to start with and we laugh at wave .
    Last edited by SunsetPoint; 12-22-2021 at 11:03 AM.
    Coastal Carolina enjoying the peaceful easy way of life.
    Likes catchNgrease LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A bottle and a couple of open deck lids will conceal the evacuation of ones fluids. Unless you knew what I was doing you would think I am fussing around with tackle.
    Likes SunsetPoint LIKED above post

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Above mentioned careless individuals have ruined many things across this country unfortunately! Hunting, fishing, you name it.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net
    Likes jiggingman2020 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SunsetPoint View Post
    Ketchen I have a big dock, with a gazebo on it , two slips on either side. Have two black gentleman come there often they tie to the slip polls and cast up under it. To me thats being very respectful and walk out and talk to them now and then tickled they are enjoying their day . Don't tell everyone but when a dock grills rush, they go in the water and right dead in the middle of my gazebo under the dock. There three under there now. If someone throws a lure up on the dock don't have a issue with you trolling over using your rod tip to get it off. My docks to high to reach over. Built it high for the hurricanes and its cement. .
    I don't own the water but I do own the dock. Dock is privet property. No one needs to be on the dock. Once you climb my ladder the game changes. What I do not like is people motoring over to the ladders tie to my main dock getting up on my dock under that gazebo walking around if they throw a lure in the middle . To far to what I call rod reach it. I've lost rods out there hung them in the top part so someone had to get up on the dock to get them, had a cooler out there that got gone, and the gazebo is enclosed. Wind is not going to blow that out and if it were a tornado it would of tore the top off. LOL If you want to know if all men are created equal no they are not. Most respect others stuff but some I think would steal something just because its there.
    I have ADT at the house 10 camera's and fixed my issue. Traveled all my life with work. Worked out of Chicago. Put a wireless camera out there. Over water is works just fine. Its one of the 10. Added a sign on the end, of the dock ADT under security. Everyone can see it from a boat. Have not had any more issues but in the case of your post and a funny way of looking at it if your home and have to pee do you walk to the bathroom or pee on the floor. LOL That is our home your fishing by.
    I would not get bent out of shape if I saw someone peeing by my dock I'd laugh at you. Its big enough to motor to the end take a few seconds and about hide a bass boat where no one could see that person doing his deal, but there are always those few that didn't have much raising, like your spot someone screw it now no one can enjoy it.
    Do I think he want to far. Your dock owner?. We will never know what he's married to or what he won't get till he makes mama happy. All women are not created equal either. Some of them just down right mean. LOL

All we ask of those that enjoy fishing respect what's not yours. Thats not to much to ask. I always yell out there to anyone thats fishing if I'm outside. . " If its over 10 pounds you have to bring it to me" Puts a smile on their face to start with and we laugh at wave .
    I shoot docks almost exclusively. Therefore I am around plenty of them. I learned by accident that wearing a button up shirt instead of a ragged T-shirt seems to put folks at ease. I can not prove that of course. Seems the only times I have had unpleasant experiences with dock owners is when I was in a ragged t-shirt and ild stained jeans. In the middle of the summer I will be dressed in cheap kayak pants and a button up shirt and possibly a clean neat ball cap. Most people will come out and strike up a conversation, if they have brush under the dock most will let you know. In the winter time you rarely see people around docks or marinas
    Likes Brimfisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My parents own property on Toledo Bend in Texas, they have a boat house and a fishing deck. The way my parents explained it to me is that Toledo Bend is managed by the SRA (Sabine River Authority) and the SRA owns the property out to what they call the "take line." This line is a certain distance from the shoreline, which varies from day to day with the lake level. This means that technically, no property owner owns the land down to the shoreline. The SRA offers this property for lease, which means that someone could lease the land that my parents' boat house and fishing deck are on and do as they please...within legal limits of course. They wouldn't have the right to cross my parents' property to get to it, water access only, but they would have free reign after that. My parents have kept the lease on the take line adjoining their property ever since they bought the place. I don't know if this applies to any other lakes, its just what my parents explained to me about Toledo Bend.

David
    Likes SunsetPoint LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast