HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nice site for storing, editing and linking photos to your posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice site for storing, editing and linking photos to your posts.

imgur.com does what's in the title.
    Sharing photos on crappie.com has become the fastest way for us to see what others have caught and the lures they used. I have over 1000 stored, many of which I post on many fishing forums. This introduction may help:
    1. go to the site and get a user name and PW
    2. once a member (no charge) you open your photo source and drag as many photos as you want on to the storage page to store them instantly.
    3. you can delete photos by holding the cursor over the photo to show the trash can icon. Click it so the trash can is checked and confirm in the upper right delete button.
    4. you can edit each photo by doing the same: holding the cursor over the photo to show edit button.
    5. the edit page allows you to downsize, crop the photo smaller and rotate (note: any photo that's opened shows the edit button below it.) Once done, press apply to see what it will look like, reset back to the origingal and Save.
    6. once a photo is opened, photo link buttons appear on the right. The best to link is the BBCode(message boards and forums) button.
    Press Ctrl + C to copy and then in your post type ctrl + V to paste where you want the photo in your post. Preview to see what it looks like in your post. Here is the first page - 60 photos per page:

This is the photo opened:

Note the view and edit button: press it to give the photo a title.

This is the photo edit page:

To make the photo smaller, reduce the first number in the black box in the upper right hand corner by typing in a new one. In this case, I reduced the photo to half its size by typing in 250 - down from 500 in the size box.

After editing, to be able to go back to the page the image is stored on, hit the back arrow button near the address bar at any time (upper left).
    note: you can add (drag) photos while on any photo page. They will be only added to page one in the order added.

Now you have an easy way to upload photos and make them smaller by cropping or downsizing for posting on crappie.com.
    If unhappy about the posted size, delete the photo on crappie.com, edit the photo smaller on imgur.com, copy the BBCode link and re-paste into your post. You can delete linked photos on imgur but the message in your post will appear as: image no longer available.
    note: Crappie.com only allows so many minutes to edit a post, so make sure the photo posted is correct.
    Last edited by Spoonminnow; 12-05-2021 at 04:29 AM.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this my friend.

Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing this...
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome.
    To clarify photo cropping. Too often there's too much background above/below or on either side of the subject. The cropping box has 6 little squares on the crop lines that can be moved in or out as well as the entire crop shape moved via the cursor in any direction. No point having the entire lawn in the picture when you can crop it around your fish.

After I get home, my photo program automatically copies the photos of the day into a folder dated for that day. I pick which ones I want on IMGUR by dragging them from desktop folder to the photo site. Many times editing is needed and a photo title added which is done by pressing the edit button once the photo is opened and typing the description at the top. (there are two edit bottons: one on the main page and one once the photo is opened.) So when you hold the cursor over a photo you can't remember why you chose it on the group photo page, the name pops up under it.

There are other on-line photo aps but this one has served me well as you may have noticed from the hundreds of photos I've posted on crappie.com. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's just hope they don't decide they're losing $$ and start charging like Photobucket did.
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Agree!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah photobucket was for sure a bummer
    the one thing to also consider is if there is anything you dont want an image of out there with gps info in it ...
    and yes most images have them imbedded in them even if you tell the phone NOT to save it ....
    then someone somewhere has that info.
    besides most phones will edit and save and store thousands and thousands of images with a memory card in them
    and the home computer will save about 100 times that many ....just a quick fyi
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason for me using imgur are easy photo links to forums. On my pc and on a 5GB memory stick, I b/u all photos in folders dated and titled. Don't want to take a chance imgur will turn into a Photobucket.

The problem with any photo storage site is keeping track of where photos are stored. Imgur search engine is useless. I just started making a spread sheet pointing to where photos are kept so that i have quick access for posting them quickly. 15 pages/12 photos per page are a lotta places to look! Plus a spread sheet has a search tool for finding the photo locations listed.

example:search: clear soft plastic lures: 10 found/ one in particular which is on imgur: 6th page/row 5.