HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know of a good sale on rods?

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Heaton super sensitives on eBay pretty cheap
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry your having trouble with thieves . Good luck finding a bargin . Cheap is not always the best but use what you like . Shop around sometimes it pays off if your internet savy .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 10 foot Berkley and a 12 foot Berkley , the 10 is lightly used ,the 12 has never seen the water ....
    you may have both for the on sale ,clearance rack special price of NADA .....
    Both are decent long rods , yours if ya want them , dust collectors at my place .......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks hdhntr, ezgoing thanked you for this post

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    I have a 10 foot Berkley and a 12 foot Berkley , the 10 is lightly used ,the 12 has never seen the water ....
    you may have both for the on sale ,clearance rack special price of NADA .....
    Both are decent long rods , yours if ya want them , dust collectors at my place .......
    Thanks for the offer. I've never used a Berkley rod. Are you sure you will not use them? I hate taking something you might use.

I didn't mention it but the thief also broke my last 10' rod taking the rods out of the rod box. He left the broken 10' rod laying on the floor of my boat.

I am going to have one of the cameras on my slips reinstalled so it does not take a 20' ladder to get to the sd memory cards. I also need to get larger memory cards to replace the ones that came with the cameras. There's so much traffic on that dock that the cards get rewritten in less than a week.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    Sorry your having trouble with thieves . Good luck finding a bargin . Cheap is not always the best but use what you like . Shop around sometimes it pays off if your internet savy .
    I have found that the price of most fishing gear has more to do with the amount spent to advertise it than the quality of the product. I generally buy at close outs or on sale, not retail.

For example last year I bought several BnM rods that sold for $149 each on closeout for $7-$10 each. Not "cheap" rods in the sense of poor quality but definitely a bargain for me. I also bought several Ugly Stick ultralight combos for $7 each at a Walmart Closeout sale. Turned out to be my favorite rods for dock fishing.

I'm just not into spending $100 plus for a fishing rod.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    I'm just not into spending $100 plus for a fishing rod.
    Never walk into a fly shop.
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was not surprised when Ketchn offered me a couple of rods he had as we are friends and fish together. He often gives away lures to help people he meets catch fish and is a very generous person.

However I was surprised when I received a PM offering me some rods from one of the board members. I will not mention his name since he used PM with me. I thought he was offering me some rods he no longer used and accepted but told him I wanted to pay the shipping. I was shocked today to discover he had bought rods and was having them shipped to me. Needless to say I would not have accepted the offer had I known he planned on buying the rods he was sending me. I hope he will allow me to reimburse him for the rods but I doubt that he will.

I was not looking for free rods when I started this thread, but was simply checking to see if anybody was aware of any website or store running sales on fishing rods so I could replace them myself.

I have always known that the members of this board were good people but it was driven home by his action.

I have been trying to think of a good way to pay his generosity forward and have finally decided upon a solution. Last year I offered to provide fishing trips to disabled veterans that AsleepAtTheWheel referred to me but Covid put a stop to it before I could start doing it. So I have decided to start offering it on a weekly basis, weather and health permitting, on Joe Pool Lake.

If you know a disabled veteran who would like to go fishing on Joe Pool Lake provide me his information and we will make it happen.

I can't guarantee ketchn but I can guarantee fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are both great gestures. I like the tag line at the end
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome awesomely awesomeness!!! CDC rules.

Post Thanks / Like

What a generous gesture by someone here. Don't know who, but may hat is off to you! Well done!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    I was not surprised when Ketchn offered me a couple of rods he had as we are friends and fish together. He often gives away lures to help people he meets catch fish and is a very generous person.

However I was surprised when I received a PM offering me some rods from one of the board members. I will not mention his name since he used PM with me. I thought he was offering me some rods he no longer used and accepted but told him I wanted to pay the shipping. I was shocked today to discover he had bought rods and was having them shipped to me. Needless to say I would not have accepted the offer had I known he planned on buying the rods he was sending me. I hope he will allow me to reimburse him for the rods but I doubt that he will.

I was not looking for free rods when I started this thread, but was simply checking to see if anybody was aware of any website or store running sales on fishing rods so I could replace them myself.

I have always known that the members of this board were good people but it was driven home by his action.

I have been trying to think of a good way to pay his generosity forward and have finally decided upon a solution. Last year I offered to provide fishing trips to disabled veterans that AsleepAtTheWheel referred to me but Covid put a stop to it before I could start doing it. So I have decided to start offering it on a weekly basis, weather and health permitting, on Joe Pool Lake.

If you know a disabled veteran who would like to go fishing on Joe Pool Lake provide me his information and we will make it happen.

I can't guarantee ketchn but I can guarantee fishing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast