HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest things you ever seen fisherman do?

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it seems like a good idea at the time
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

My brother was top-water Rapala fishing w/a friend 50 years ago on a Maryland Reservoir during the spawn. He had landed in a shoreline bush and began to try and shake it free instead of pushing the Large Lady off of her nest. Well, the light-handed shaking escalated into the frantic mode which created an obviously unforgettable aftermath. The triple-trebled balsa-bait strikes his bud in the eyelid which prompted Ya Got ME!! As my brother looked over his shoulder at his back-seat friend, the 6" lure lay hang-dangling with the rear-treble hook barb EXPOSED! That's right = 2 HOLES(in/out). My brother saunters to the back in hopes of not needing a stupid ER visit(fish were bitin') and assessed the situation HE CREATED! Luckily, the eyelid is thin and pliable so he was able to back that barbed hook-point out, applied some ice from their lunch pack and RESUME the day. Actually resembled a small snake-bite. No blood/swelling but a bruise the following day! Plastic Sunglasses would have aided but glass Sunglasses....well, enough said- be Safe out there friends! Stay HOOKED on Fishin' NOT on your boat-mates!

u2s
    Thanks for checkin' on me! CURIOSITY takes me there, SUCCESS ushers me back!

Post Thanks / Like

Took a buddy fishing. From the back of the boat I here oh look a water moccasin. As I looked around out goes the rattle trap he was fishing. The lure touches down about 5 feet past the snake and he starts to reel in the slack. As I was hollering no he sets the hooks into the middle of the rather large Moccasin. When I asked why, he said I will just reel it in and unhook it. When he reeled it in I beat it to death with a boat paddle. Last fishing trip he was invited on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by up2specks View Post
    No doubt in my mind, FOXY J...you ONLY amassed these BLOOPERS over the years, in hopes of "Guaranteeing" Slab's 1st BLOOPER Prize-giveaway!

u2s
    Fix

Post Thanks / Like

Some of us are lucky to have live through the things we have done over the years
    Thanks CrappiePappy thanked you for this post

Foxy Jig is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

saw a guy coming into a cove we were trolling. Ka-pow, ka-pow, ka-pow (loud). While fully on plane, that was the noise his deployed trolling motor was making, slapping against the hull. When he finally stopped, the trolling motor dropped into the water, gone

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago(52), I was idling thru an Ocean City(Md.) inlet as a small 12' fiberglass v-bottom boat, 6 hp motor was approaching us w/3 adults & a child and about 4 " of gunnel-clearance visible. Coming up from behind us (from ramp) was a 30' CIGARETTE rolling a two-footer. As the on-coming, smaller craft anticipated their plight, I readied for the no-brainer rescue! Sure enough, the scene unfolded like watching a NIAGARA FALLS waterfall not 4o yards off our port-side. In less than 15 seconds, we reached the older, largest, more panicked man thrashing, flushed in face. My partner then side-arm threw a life cushion which FRISBEE'D sailed-over the out-stretched, 80 yr. old arm of another occupant![/COLOR] He, luckily, had his Life Vest on and was staying collected. The youngest 12 yr. old was trying to retrieve the "floatables"(tackle boxes, bushel baskets, cigars, cooler etc). His dad, operating the small tiller outboard, was doing his best to manage his new "project"!. Another larger-craft(25') came alongside us and helped lift/ladder the panic-stricken 300 #'r(+-), unfortunately, AFTER he had bent my 15" bow-light post into a U-shape. Cigarette boat, now long-gone but with the necessary help in attendance, we grab the bow-line to tow the now capsized/inverted craft to shore just 50 yards away. As we beach my 15' fiberglass, stick-steering vessel, we couldn't pull their boat IN!. Their bimini top was diggin' in! Four of us finally managed to pull hard enough to bend/collapse the aluminum framing. After dumping the water, we did the 1/4 mile tow back to the public launch where the "cast" was now situated. Back@the ramp/dumping their wallets to dry their contents, the oldest(80 y o) was the most reserved, sincere, kind-hearted man you could have ever encountered -considering what had just unfolded. I'm relatively CERTAIN that our "rescued-Man"(no PFD-Life Jacket worn) may not have been so lucky this day! Be safe = Wear your PFD's LIFE Jackets!!

u2s

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly would be a rude awakening

Post Thanks / Like

I started trying to learn how to crappie fish 4 years ago. That was pretty dumb and very costly. I'm now on boat #3 in 4 years. Have bought enough electronics to launch and land the space shuttle. I can finally catch a crappie, just not as many as Slabprowler, or Lowe175.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Slabprowler certainly does know how to catch them
    Likes FurFlyin LIKED above post

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast