HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Introducing NEW Sponsor - VARIVAS America

Post Thanks / Like

I spent time in Japan and I visited a fishing store, really cool stuff, Japanese are passionate fisherman as with everything they do. I remember the Varivas product, they had a lot of gear along with Shimano of course. I got on the Japanese site and the company was founded in 1980 so they are doing something write. Their US site is not bad, just a lot of gear but if you cannot fish then it is a good browse, I will buy some of their line, you cannot have enough gear.
    Cheers
    Thanks kmorrow thanked you for this post

kmorrow is offline Slabmaster * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dover Tn guy View Post
    I spent time in Japan and I visited a fishing store, really cool stuff, Japanese are passionate fisherman as with everything they do. I remember the Varivas product, they had a lot of gear along with Shimano of course. I got on the Japanese site and the company was founded in 1980 so they are doing something write. Their US site is not bad, just a lot of gear but if you cannot fish then it is a good browse, I will buy some of their line, you cannot have enough gear.
    Cheers
    Dover Tn Guy,

That's so cool that you got a chance to visit a tackle store in Japan and remember seeing VARIVAS products right next to Shimano.

As you note, VARIVAS brand JDM fishing tackle has been around since 1980. In the summer of 2020, VARIVAS launched it's VARIVAS America office and online store.

The story of VARIVAS's beginning is quite interesting.

Here's a link to an article about the birth of VARIVAS -- 40 Years Ago: The Launch of VARIVAS brand fishing line in 1980 - VARIVAS
    K. Morrow
    www.varivas.fishing

VARIVAS: A leading manufacturer of premium fishing line

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

PM sent
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorrow View Post
    catchNgrease,

Thank you for the honest feedback about the VARIVAS America website. I agree with you that the VARIVAS America website is a bit overwhelming and challenging to navigate for those unfamiliar with it and with VARIVAS products. A website update/modification is indeed already on our lengthy "To Do" list.

Feel free to private message with info about the type of line you're interested in. Also, if I know what brand, model and break strength is your current favorite I can then help identify a comparable VARIVAS line.

-K.Morrow
    Sent from my E6910 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

FAST Shipping, yes Sir! Thursday morning received notification that my two spools of line were shipped, they were in my possession before noon TODAY. Introducing NEW Sponsor - VARIVAS America

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytail View Post
    So what would you suggest for casting jigs ? I use mostly 1/16 oz or less. I use 4-6lb slimline or suffix now. I would like to give your line a try.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

The VARIVAS Super Trout Advance Series has a wide variety of monofilament lines that may suit your needs. The Twitch Master low stretch nylon that Alphahawk mentioned is one in this series. Although labeled as 'trout' line, all lines in this series are versatile enough to work for a wide range of species in the same size range as trout. We have had many anglers use the low stretch, abrasion resistant properties of our Super Trout line to fish for crappie, bluegill, bass, in addition to trout.

If you fish around docks, in weeds and other cover, look into the model called Bush Trail. The VEP coating makes the already tough Super Trout line even more resistant. The orange color has a good amount of visibility and blends into water well.

If fishing night time or you like to see the bites easier, the bright green Sight Edition is an excellent, all-around hi-viz nylon line. Fish still bite with the bright line even in clear water during daytime. One of our customers caught his personal best 11.5" bluegill using the Sight Edition in clear water during the day.

If you fish really deep and use a softer rod, or fish in faster water, the lower stretch of the Twitch Master line will help with hooksets if you are having issues with your current line. The lower stretch was designed to work minnow style hardbaits in fast current but, also has great use deep jigging when you don't want to use braid.

If you want a clear/transparent option, we have the all around regular Super Trout Advance. It is a clear mono that is very versatile.

Many of our lines offer "in-between" sizes, such as 5lb, compared to most other companies. The line diameters are smaller as well, leading to less effects from the wind and also water drag when your lure is sinking.

Thank you for considering VARIVAS line. Looking forward to what you choose and how the line treats you.

K. Morrow
    www.varivas.fishing

Thanks Slab, Curlytail, BobC thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

catchNgrease,

I'm resharing your question about line along with my answer, so that others can benefit.

QUESTION:
    I fish crappie many different ways. Please suggest a hi-viz 8 lb. line. I am wanting this line for vertical jigging and pendulum casting in waters 12-22 ft deep with 1/16 oz jigs.

Also please recommend a hi-viz, 4 lb. line. This line is for dock shooting 1/32 oz jigs. I want this line to sink fast allowing the bait to fall straight down with no pendulum or drag from the line.

ANSWER:
    If you prefer braided line, the VARIVAS Nogales Dead or Alive Finess Master PE is a 4-strand braid so it will cut through weeds better than an 8-strand. It is very visible. If used in weedy areas, I suggest not using a leader.

If monofilament is your preference, our Super Trout Advance Sight Edition is a very hi-viz green line. It's available in 3~12 lb break strength. It handles well and does not have a lot of memory. It has stretch, but not as much as most monofilament lines. This line will serve you for your jigging as well and your dock shooting needs.

For dock shooting, our highest visibility 4lb is our Super Trout Advance Sight Edition. Although it is a monofilament that floats, it's small diameter allows the line to cut through water easier, allowing the lure to sink naturally. It is also abrasion resistant so, it will stand up to dock fishing quite well for a 4 lb monofilament. The green color blends into the water quite well for being hi-viz.

If you would like a fluorocarbon that sinks, our Ajing Master Blue Moon a blue fluorocarbon line that was designed for finesse fishing in deep rocks but, will work well shooting docks.

I am looking forward to seeing what your choose and how it works out for you.

K. Morrow
    www.varivas.fishing

Thanks SuperDave336 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great info. Thanks!
    Likes kmorrow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Still kicking here, just been absent for a bit. I really like the Varivas products and have a few pics to share. The Infinity PEx8 Area Super trout is the newest edition to my braid stable and after one trip out a few weeks ago I can say it will be my first choice on subsequent trips. Spooled on a super smooth Daiwa reel mounted to a piece of graphite that will tell me if they even look in the direction of my offering I dropped a 1/32 jig down into the summertime lake water with the newest Bobby Garland Finesse bait hooked up. Hot it was, first fish at 22Ft… thump and the bite detection was crazy good at that depth with this braid. Name:  B483564B-1D03-42D5-ABAF-7879B681A818.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  89.3 KB. Soft feeling but strong, I muscled 10-15 more out of the deep shaggy haunts with no abrasion issues or need to re tie. Name:  08EB2627-807C-48EA-B046-30AC0DBA5D93.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  106.6 KB Some even made the trip home Name:  3C01785E-6236-4203-8219-6296CA3AD55D.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  110.5 KB but some didn’t, they were just plain fun. Name:  FE44D9F5-73E2-46D4-BE36-5D9C3E52BC23.jpg
Size:  126.3 KB Name:  1466C9DA-3D64-4C04-A097-1BA75CD86BC5.jpg
Size:  113.0 KB The water cooled to around 87 in the shade and I did manage a few more as it got dark. This braid is great, NO guide noise, and that really surprised coming from a Bass fishing background of Superline use and singing guides when boating fish. Welcome aboard to Varivas and thank you for supporting this website. I will be posting more in the future.Name:  96449352-684D-4CFE-AAE6-785674B99790.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  98.3 KB
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am 12 days away from being released after my knee replacement. Hopefully I am 14 days away from being on a body of water. I have already spooled up the Ajing Master Blue Moon FC 2# test line on a Presso Limited 1000 reel. The line has a diameter of .117mm…it is a thin line for sure. I have done multiple breakage test using the Bouz Drag Checker. The line consistently breaks between 2.5 and 2.7 pounds. It lays well on the spool and doing knot tests I am getting a solid 2# before the knot breaks. For a couple of years now I have been using Varivas Ester line due to its sinking properties and sensitivity. I have caught tons of fish with it to include an untold number of KY bass in the 15-18 inch range….trout up to 20 inches…..Smallies, and an untold amount of crappie. To use Ester line one needs skill…and some luck. It will pop in a heart beat if the drag is not set perfect and if you pick the wrong rod to fish it on. I am really pumped to use this line fishing 1.5 gram jig heads below Nickajack in 23 feet of water for crappie…bluegill, and Spots. This line will allow me to get it down quick and using a low ratio reel I should be able to finesse up a ton of fish. A plus for the Blue Moon line is no shock leader is needed. I will be reporting on this and other Varivas lines on my YouTube channel and on here as I use them.

Regards Name:  IMG_2493.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  51.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes StantheMan2567 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    Still kicking here, just been absent for a bit. I really like the Varivas products and have a few pics to share. The Infinity PEx8 Area Super trout is the newest edition to my braid stable and after one trip out a few weeks ago I can say it will be my first choice on subsequent trips. Spooled on a super smooth Daiwa reel mounted to a piece of graphite that will tell me if they even look in the direction of my offering I dropped a 1/32 jig down into the summertime lake water with the newest Bobby Garland Finesse bait hooked up. Hot it was, first fish at 22Ft… thump and the bite detection was crazy good at that depth with this braid. Name:  B483564B-1D03-42D5-ABAF-7879B681A818.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  89.3 KB. Soft feeling but strong, I muscled 10-15 more out of the deep shaggy haunts with no abrasion issues or need to re tie. Name:  08EB2627-807C-48EA-B046-30AC0DBA5D93.jpg
Size:  106.6 KB Some even made the trip home Name:  3C01785E-6236-4203-8219-6296CA3AD55D.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  110.5 KB but some didn’t, they were just plain fun. Name:  FE44D9F5-73E2-46D4-BE36-5D9C3E52BC23.jpg
Size:  126.3 KB Name:  1466C9DA-3D64-4C04-A097-1BA75CD86BC5.jpg
Size:  113.0 KB The water cooled to around 87 in the shade and I did manage a few more as it got dark. This braid is great, NO guide noise, and that really surprised coming from a Bass fishing background of Superline use and singing guides when boating fish. Welcome aboard to Varivas and thank you for supporting this website. I will be posting more in the future.Name:  96449352-684D-4CFE-AAE6-785674B99790.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  98.3 KB
    Good to hear from you Stan.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Thanks StantheMan2567 thanked you for this post

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast