HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps for launching boats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin22 View Post
    Unfortunately I have that happen quite a bit, although not in no-wake zones. I'll be the only one fishing a bay off the main lake and a ski boat will come literally 50-75yds off my side for multiple passes. I give them the raised arms shrug look and they usually get the picture and leave. I still dont know why they do it. Dont care? Dont know? Want to show off? Just want to be a jerk? I don't think we will ever know.

My uncle and I actually had this conversation a week ago when someone did it to us at 7:45 in the morning when we were the only boat on the lake. He said that person probably has no idea what so ever that they are being an annoying jerk, they have been in the ski boat life and have never been in a fishing boat.. They have no clue that their wake is annoying and dangerous to us. I stopped for a minute and figured he was probably right.
    That is the whole point of most of those boats is to make a wake. If that is your purpose to be on the water you probably don't think anything about it. Good point
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_2330.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  43.9 KB
    These are my favorite... back down then get stuff out the truck... unstrap put the plug in etc. unload the boat then get more stuff out the truck... I always make a point to pull out of the way in the parking lot unstrap the boat get everything in it ready to go then back down and launch... I can’t stand tying up a boat ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Brewer View Post
    Name:  IMG_2330.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  43.9 KB
    These are my favorite... back down then get stuff out the truck... unstrap put the plug in etc. unload the boat then get more stuff out the truck... I always make a point to pull out of the way in the parking lot unstrap the boat get everything in it ready to go then back down and launch... I can’t stand tying up a boat ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    I try not to tie the ramp up any longer that I have too
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

it always makes me go , yep , rude and inconsiderate and likely inexperienced as well . best keep my distance at the boat ramp when i see them types ,so my mouth don't accidently say what my mind is thinking
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Tenn Tux LIKED above post
    Thanks NIMROD thanked you for this post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    I try not to tie the ramp up any longer that I have too
    Several lakes here have loading areas marked off to allow you to load things and untie . Marked off no parking areas in front of ramps . Yahoos park in the spot directly in front of the ramps making backing in more difficult . Does no good to have signs and asphalt marked off . Tickets might help . Some places nothing is done . I found one launch area in a far side of the state they carried it a bit far , Got a warning for trailer tire touching a marked line on parking space .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Nothing personal Nimrod, we all have the right to enjoy the water. But those that feel that ALL the water is theirs and they don’t have to respect anyone else are my beef. Ignoring speed signs and generally being jerks keeps me in out of the way places and no wake zones as much as possible.

One young man stands out in my memory. I was in a small cove and catching a few fish when he came through the first time. I thought he wanted to watch, but he didn’t stop. I’ll bet he looped through that cove about 15 times or more, at speed and throwing wake every time. Finally I put the rod down and just stared at him for two or three passes til,he figured out I wasn’t going to do anything more until he left for good. A big lake and he chose to be a pain to me, I still haven’t figured it out and probably never will.
    Had that happen to me last year. After the 3rd pass around my boat I pulled out my cellphone and started taking a video of him. He stopped, asked me what I was doing. I told him I was filming evidence of his behavior, as in Texas it is illegal to harass a fisherman. Up to one year in jail and a $2,000 fine. He flashed me a finger, called me a bunch of dirty names, and then left when I told what he was saying was on the video and would impress the judge.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Got washed into the rocks in a no wake zone. Vusted the trolling motor head and left a nice gouge on the bottom of the boat when a fella came plowing in full tilt. I shoot docks on a lot of marinas, all are no wake zones shore to shore. Obviously most of them ol boys can't read, about a 3rd of them never check up. DNR boat at one of the Marinas. I hollered and ask him what those signs meant. He just shook his head and said he couldn't write them all a ticket. I offered to help write half of them if he wanted to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    Sadly people have become extremely inconsiderate these day. I was taught from a young age to stay out of the way and not tie up what others are there to use
    and if I was lucky enough to be in a boat fishing...we always powered down when approaching anyone...

Post Thanks / Like

People really don't have much respect anymore. On the road or on the water

Post Thanks / Like

there is good news though to the crew that has to put up with the rude boat ramp behaviors , during the heat stroke summer sun times here in Texas it sometimes happens that you roll up to get off the water at the ramp and both lanes are blocked with a tandem jet ski trailer parked in the middle with several boats including me not really worried about how long it might take the really shapely young gal in the tiny bikini to strap down her 2 jet skis ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast