HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How BAD is a coon you ask ?

Post Thanks / Like

Raccoons are tough and pretty smart. A couple of times the coons got into my minnows.. They figured out how to push the weights off of my aerated cooler lid and lift lid.. Gonna add a clasp and lock to the cooler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobertFL View Post
    Raccoons are tough and pretty smart. A couple of times the coons got into my minnows.. They figured out how to push the weights off of my aerated cooler lid and lift lid.. Gonna add a clasp and lock to the cooler.

I had the same issue. They eat my minnows better than any crappie had. No matter what I did they figured out a way to get the lid off. They are some smart critters for sure.

MCG1 is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Evil genius of the wildlife tribe!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCG1 View Post
    Evil genius of the wildlife tribe!
    then if I told you they could actually unwire a raccoon proof cage and open it up and take what they wanted out , you might think it was the truth , they can use those little hands like a surgeon when need be
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen them undo the end of a live trap to escape. Zip ties put an end to that, and the cocky Houdini that thought it couldn't be caught!
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I guess if I even come across a coon half the size of our dogs it might be a fair fight? That would be one big coon though They make quick work of the every-day sized coon.

We have a pair of Plott hounds, the males 90lbs and the female is about 70 at 1.5 yrs. The female does not like to lose, we butt heads often lol.

As far as the Gamo thing- and airguns in general, I've spent many years fiddling with that hobby. I ran a side business making targets for the largest airgun importer in the US for a few years before retiring the side-gig work. I still have a cabinet full of airguns, but none of the high dollar stuff. Airguns are a great thing, that still seems to be heavily misunderstood here in the US. The airguns that make the US market in chain stores- like Cabelas, are for the most part about as awful as they get, with a few exceptions I suppose.

Name:  IMG_2972.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  137.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3633.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  132.0 KB
    Likes S10CHEVY, kycreek, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Gamo convinced an extra large porcupine to vacate the area yesterday. For some reason the vultures seemed to have toothpicks!

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That time of year here in the Ohio valley. I trapped 2 yesterday & glad to thin them out some with the garden really cranking now.
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful hounds!
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by binfordw View Post
    I guess if I even come across a coon half the size of our dogs it might be a fair fight? That would be one big coon though They make quick work of the every-day sized coon.

We have a pair of Plott hounds, the males 90lbs and the female is about 70 at 1.5 yrs. The female does not like to lose, we butt heads often lol.

As far as the Gamo thing- and airguns in general, I've spent many years fiddling with that hobby. I ran a side business making targets for the largest airgun importer in the US for a few years before retiring the side-gig work. I still have a cabinet full of airguns, but none of the high dollar stuff. Airguns are a great thing, that still seems to be heavily misunderstood here in the US. The airguns that make the US market in chain stores- like Cabelas, are for the most part about as awful as they get, with a few exceptions I suppose.

Name:  IMG_2972.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  137.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3633.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  132.0 KB
    Which brand airguns would you recommend. I have been looking around some at different brands. Every manufacturer claims they are the best
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast