HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Used boat prices

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntersdad View Post
    I have a funny feeling that soon there will be alot of used boats/ repos to hit the market. In my area people have been buying boats and jetskis like crazy and using the stimulus money as a down payment. Just have to wait and see how many payments they can make before the bank gets it back. I wouldn't wish that sort of luck on anyone but sadly I feel it's going to happen.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
    I think you’re right on that one. I would also say a LOT of all types of RVs will hit the market as well. There will probably be some very good deals out there.
    Bob
    Likes Slabprowler, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoughriverRick View Post
    I talked to a major boat dealer this week. He told me he had no new boats. The ones sitting on the lot were pending financing. He also told me if I ordered a boat it would be sept/oct time frame to get it in and some manufacturers had quit taking new orders. He said he really saw no end in site unless the economy calapsed.
    Same goes for private boat builders in my area as well, they are back up for atleast 6 to 8 months. Which for them is a good thing,

Sent from my SM-S215DL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

pontoon boats around here that would normally be 4500.00 they are asking and getting 10-12k if furniture is decent..pieces of junk are bringing 2k.
    Asking 24k for 19 year old pontoon boats in average to good shape, nothing special.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a sellers market
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

happycaster58 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skunked again View Post
    I respectfully disagree, have had both. The four stroke was quieter and better on fuel. The two stroke has more power and a better power to weight ratio, given the fact it's lighter.
    If you can consistently get a 2 stroke to crank on a morning with temps in the teens, then more power to ya'. My 4 stroke fuel injected has never failed to crank immediately. My old 2 stroke- forget about it! No motor is any good if it takes forever to crank.
    Likes livemusic LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nutted up and ordered new. Crestliner 1750 Fish hawk walk thru with jump seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the new boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great boat. Congrats
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happycaster58 View Post
    If you can consistently get a 2 stroke to crank on a morning with temps in the teens, then more power to ya'. My 4 stroke fuel injected has never failed to crank immediately. My old 2 stroke- forget about it! No motor is any good if it takes forever to crank.
    Was whitebass fishing the other day and a 2 stroke guy trolled by me three times ... after choking on his exhaust fumes I doubled down on my love for 4 stroke outboards 1

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happycaster58 View Post
    An ‘88 Mariner 150 that cranked without the issues you speak of. Once it was warm it started like my old Chevys did. Bump the starter and it was running.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast