Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Maximum Fun with Small Fish.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livemusic View Post
    I caught my first ever coppernose a couple weeks back on a gold Presso spoon and the only way I knew about it, Randy, was you writing about it. I bought gold and some other darker color, I think it is called blood or had 'blood' in the name. Haven't cast that one yet. I caught three on the spoon and finally realized there has to be a bed nearby, found it, and have been racking up since. Actually, I found about a dozen beds around the lake.

Did you fish from shore or have a boat? Waders or not?

When you get a lake in that situation, do you think you can catch enough out so as to get better size? I know of a lake that never in my life has had any decent size bluegill and few decent size crappie. Everything is small. I always figured that it just doesn't have enough fishing on it to remove enough. The bluegill there are tiny and if you wanna catch tiny, you can catch a boatload as long as you keep a smidgen of a worm on the hook.

Say, do you use a swivel with that spoon? I have not but I am always concerned about line twist. I had braid on the reel, it seemed to work ok. (I saw a video where a guy said a swivel and braid do not mix, the braid is not as 'stiff' as mono and the swivel will not swivel.)

I don't use a swivel with the spoons. There are a ton of bluegill removed each year from that lake. The copper nose there spawn 4-5 times a year. I have another lake that I have access to that is a similar situation. It is owned by a couple of doctors and they manage it for trophy Florida strain largemouth. They love the fact the copper nose spawn so many times a year as it keeps their bass fed. Here is a pic of the size bass in the lake that I was fishing at. Over the past 5 years I have had a couple hit my Trout Magnet and just keep going. I have a boat...waders...and I bank fish...LOL.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes S10CHEVY, livemusic LIKED above post